Forums Latest Members

Can not set the date on my 2 week old SMP 300M Diver

1. Joseph88 Jun 12, 2015

Howdy..
    So i finally buy myself a nice OMEGA watch which is two weeks old today.
    I tried setting the date however m unable to do so pulling out the crown to position two and turning the crown does nothing to move the date forward or backwards.
    So I'm thinking the worst that my two week old OMEGA is already broken...... heartbreaking.. did i buy a lemon will i have problem after problem with this watch.. am i getting ahead of myself (yes probably)

So i ask you good OMEGA people in this forum has this unfortunate occurrence ever happened to you?

I know watch is under warranty but to have to have a 2week old watch already repaired under warranty it not ideal..

Hmm hopefully they will just take it back and swap it for a new one..wishful thinking no doubt..

Anyway your thoughts on this matter would be appreciate...im all ears :)
    Cheers
    Joseph

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 12, 2015

Are you turning the crown the right way? What time is the watch set to?

3. Nactex Jun 12, 2015

Can you turn the hands through the 24 hour cycle and change the date that way? If it works, then it may be the way you are doing it as Al has indicated.

4. Joseph88 Jun 12, 2015

Thanks @Archer and @Nactex
    To answer your question then yes if i go through the 24hour cycle then the date set however I've watched you tube video, read the manual and even spoke to watch people and they have all advised me the same way to set the date
    I have only set the date once in the two weeks and that was not between 8pm and 2am as per OMEGAs recommendation.

I tried it again this morning hoping it was all a bad dream but still nothing..plus as soon as i looked at the date this morning it was showing the 13th and not the 12th.

Not awesome :)

5. OmegaSean Jun 12, 2015

[​IMG] have you looked at the instructions ?
    OmegaSean

6. Nactex Jun 12, 2015

If you are close to the AD where you bought your watch, then you should take it in and have them look at it. It may be a simple adjustment. I hope they can either show you how to do it or make it right.

7. chickenman26 Jun 12, 2015

With the crown at position 2, turn the crown counter-clockwise. I'm sure you've done this, but you may have to turn it further than you think before the date changes.

Stu

8. Joseph88 Jun 12, 2015

hey @chickenman26 (stu)
    I've set date once before so i know what to look for (i hope that didn't come across as being ass as I really appreciate your reply), its just not setting..
    definitely broken I've now shown a couple of mates and they agree this watch is cooked...
    Oh well that will teach me for saving hard and treat myself to a expensive/ luxury watch :)
    lol
    all good shit happenes I'm sure omega will sort it out one way or another, just spewing its happened two weeks into a new watch with I've only worn 7 times...i wanted to see if this happened to anyone else

Nobel Prize likes this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 12, 2015

Ssd