Forums Latest Members

So I (almost) Ruined A Christmas Present

1. Walrus Jan 1, 2023

But then the hackers will raid you during the zombie apocalypse. If the DOD and Equifax etc can be hacked I’m sure the survival groups can easily hack your camera fridge.

JwRosenthal likes this.
  2. Walrus Jan 1, 2023

I’m down with you on the microwave. My wife works with some physicists at her job and none of them use microwaves. I think they said “microwaves change the molecular make up of food.” Can’t remember exactly how they put it but they are smart guys who all have PHD’s I’ll take their word they know what they are talking about, although they could be trolling me I don’t get that feeling.

SC1 and JwRosenthal like this.
  3. SC1 Jan 1, 2023

I'm down except... almost all food these days isn't food any longer.
    Perhaps microwaves can rearrange the molecules back into being food once again.

Walrus likes this.
  4. Bernhard J Jan 2, 2023

You need it for the dish washer, it is essential. First, it gives you a smart phone alert as soon as the dish washer is full, so that you can go and press the start button. It provides a message, if you have forgotten the detergent prior to pressing the start button. It provides further messages informing about each single step of the progress of the washing program. It gives an alert as soon as the the last step has ended and allows you to clear out the washer just in time. Further, you are informed in case of a power black-out, or if you have forgotten to turn on the water. Finally, it informs you about the progress in dish destruction, if you have loaded the machine incorrectly, or automatically starts the sprinkler system, if the washer goes up in flames.

How can you live without all this? Impossible!

Walrus, SC1 and TimeODanaos like this.
  5. Walrus Jan 2, 2023

Thanks, you pretty much nailed what was in the instructions and I looked at each one thinking, “why?”. Tbh while mrs walrus asked for the dishwasher I’m the one who runs it and empties it, she does fill it at least. I think we have gotten to a point where companies are adding tech to things just because they can, not because it’s needed. No offense meant to anyone who relies on Wi-Fi updates from their dishwasher.

SC1 likes this.
  6. SC1 Jan 2, 2023

My fridge is currently telling me about Rolex as an Investment.

Om3ga321, sheepdoll and Walrus like this.