So... any of our members here have an interest in firearms?

I just picked up a pre-ban Colt AR-15 a2 HBAR. Certainly not as elegant as the H&R M12.

download (6).png

Like 4
Say, I forgot one!

1917 DWM Artillery Luger. All original. Not too many of these around anymore either. About 300,00 made vs 3 million std Lugers. This early one survived two world wars. Check out those 800METER sights:eek:

Reproduction stock attached. Legal here in the US as it is exempted from the usual regs due to age of design and historical significance.

20230812_171630.jpg 20230812_171714.jpg

Like 4
What a lovely Artillery Lugar. Fantastic condition. Do you shoot it?
Reposted my early war Mauser 1939. Ignore the Government model 1911.

Like 2
Appreciating the photos posted here guys. .22 target rifles and Lugers, one an artillery model. It doesn't get any better!

Like 1
This Cetme-C kit build was finished recently. I have too many rifles that need to go to the range.
-559700846778737360[4867].jpg

Like 2
Yeah, I'm just gonna throw this little number out there for ya, Noelekal:cool:

1914 DMW Artillery Luger. Somewhere around 1000 were made. How many survived both wars?

Got this a looong time ago with the whole kit. Yes I actually shot this one at the time I got it, target shown(25m). Actually really good shooter. Probably won't shoot it again, as I am hopefully smarter now.

The stock and holster are repros. Nice kit though.

20230812_171519.jpg20230812_171534.jpg ARTILLERY LUGER 1914 KIT- 1.jpg

Like 5
I have too many rifles that need to go to the range.

Story of my life, man....:D

Like 1
OOOooo...

Most droolworthy Wryfox!

I love Lugers, design, looks, and shooting qualities. I would have greatly enjoyed going down the Luger rabbit hole, but have too many firearms collecting interests that send me on tangents already.

One ol' mongrel VoPo Luger lives here, having a checkered and sordid history of serving the wrong political aims, on more than one occasion. It's rehabilitated now and has served me for 40 years as a shooting example to study. It shoots very well.

These used to be of little value, but I see them now advertised as a valuable and important variant.

Like 6
Nobody ignores the Government Model 1911....:whipped:

;)
I've owned at least one 1911A1 50+ years now. The colt pictured was made in the late 80's if I remember correctly.

Like 1
Following up on @SpeedyPhill 's query about who among us has fired the largest weapon, how about a query on the largest weapon fired by each of us individually?

I go to our local rifle range maybe once or twice each year, and just fire a Remington .223 bolt action "varmint" rifle, and a couple of clips, (10-round, of course -- this is California) from a 9mm Police Carbine. From time to time there will be a fellow there, at the far, far end of the firing line, with his bolt-action .50 cal setup. Except that it's not a .50 cal exactly, but rather, a 0.49 cal. Why .49 cal? Because .50 cal is banned in California. This fellow's rifle is called, rather facetiously, a "Ferret .49 Cal".

Anyway, when he's there he'll let others fire his rifle for $5/shot -- he provides the ammo, and I suspect he may not be breaking even these days at that price. The cartridge case is the same case as the Browning .50 cal case, so the Ka-Boom is essentially the same as a "real" .50 cal. His rifle does have a substantial muzzle brake, which keeps the recoil tolerable. I always give him a $20 bill and joyfully send four rounds down the range. I always aim at the large 600yd metal target and I don't think I've ever hit it yet. But really, it's the Ka-Boom that makes it worthwhile.

Like 3
have too many firearms collecting interests that send me on tangents already.

Also the story of my life...:D

Like 1
Following up on @SpeedyPhill 's query about who among us has fired the largest weapon, how about a query on the largest weapon fired by each of us individually?

I go to our local rifle range maybe once or twice each year, and just fire a Remington .223 bolt action "varmint" rifle, and a couple of clips, (10-round, of course -- this is California) from a 9mm Police Carbine. From time to time there will be a fellow there, at the far, far end of the firing line, with his bolt-action .50 cal setup. Except that it's not a .50 cal exactly, but rather, a 0.49 cal. Why .49 cal? Because .50 cal is banned in California. This fellow's rifle is called, rather facetiously, a "Ferret .49 Cal".

Anyway, when he's there he'll let others fire his rifle for $5/shot -- he provides the ammo, and I suspect he may not be breaking even these days at that price. The cartridge case is the same case as the Browning .50 cal case, so the Ka-Boom is essentially the same as a "real" .50 cal. His rifle does have a substantial muzzle brake, which keeps the recoil tolerable. I always give him a $20 bill and joyfully send four rounds down the range. I always aim at the large 600yd metal target and I don't think I've ever hit it yet. But really, it's the Ka-Boom that makes it worthwhile.

Your post reminded me of a Westley Richards .500 BP express double rifle I picked up in a country gun dealer's shop many years ago for the princely sum of $140 - he said none of his local farming clients had any interest in it, so he just wanted to get rid of it. It needed cleaning up, but emerged as an attractive example of the classic double rifle, with the name Westley Richards inlaid in gold on the lock. In those days (1980) I could still pick up ammunition for it (!).

I enjoyed shooting it at the local range. I have no memory of how accurate it was, but recall the boom and the cloud of smoke when I fired it the first time, which caused a hiatus in shooting and the comment from a shooter down the line "what the hell was that?".

Unfortunately I was persuaded to sell it a few years later. I have a poor image from those days -

IMG_20230324_0021.jpg

Like 3
The three biggies that I've shot over the years are: a Ruger M77 .458 Winchester Magnum owned by a coworker and shooting bud, a Weatherby Mark V .378 Wby Magnum owned by a gun shop owner bank customer of mine, and a single shot Harrington & Richardson Moderl 176 chambered for 3 1/2-inch 10 gauge Magnum that I have.

Honorable mention include a Winchester Model 70 Super Express .375 H&H Magnum and a Winchester Model 1895 in .405 WCF, both of which I own.

The most dreadful of the lot to shoot off of a rifle bench rest is that ol' '95 Winchester .405. It is punishing, like being in a bad auto accident; the kind that leaves you stumbling stunned up and down the highway.

It's the dimensional characteristics of the Wincherster '95 .405 that render it a chore to shoot. The rifle is far too light in weight, the stock way too short with too much drop, and it has a vicious very curved steel butt plate that's also thin in width. It's the only one that could really hurt a person who didn't mind his hold technique with it.

I've shot the H&R 10 gauge quite a bit since I bought it in 1976, but never attempted to shoot the thing off the bench. I would imagine that it would rattle the fillings out of one's teeth.

Like 5
Your post reminded me of a Westley Richards .500 BP express double rifle I picked up in a country gun dealer's shop many years ago for the princely sum of $140 - he said none of his local farming clients had any interest in it, so he just wanted to get rid of it. It needed cleaning up, but emerged as an attractive example of the classic double rifle, with the name Westley Richards inlaid in gold on the lock. In those days (1980) I could still pick up ammunition for it (!).

I enjoyed shooting it at the local range. I have no memory of how accurate it was, but recall the boom and the cloud of smoke when I fired it the first time, which caused a hiatus in shooting and the comment from a shooter down the line "what the hell was that?".

Unfortunately I was persuaded to sell it a few years later. I have a poor image from those days -

IMG_20230324_0021.jpg

Oooo...I've always wanted to fire a real Big Game rifle, but I don't know if I have sufficient courage to accept the recoil.

The three biggies that I've shot over the years are: a Ruger M77 .458 Winchester Magnum owned by a coworker and shooting bud, a Weatherby Mark V .378 Wby Magnum owned by a gun shop owner bank customer of mine, and a single shot Harrington & Richardson Moderl 176 chambered for 3 1/2-inch 10 gauge Magnum that I have.

Honorable mention include a Winchester Model 70 Super Express .375 H&H Magnum and a Winchester Model 1895 in .405 WCF, both of which I own.

The most dreadful of the lot to shoot off of a rifle bench rest is that ol' '95 Winchester .405. It is punishing, like being in a bad auto accident; the kind that leaves you stumbling stunned up and down the highway.

It's the dimensional characteristics of the Wincherster '95 .405 that render it a chore to shoot. The rifle is far too light in weight, the stock way too short with too much drop, and it has a vicious very curved steel butt plate that's also thin in width. It's the only one that could really hurt a person who didn't mind his hold technique with it.

I've shot the H&R 10 gauge quite a bit since I bought it in 1976, but never attempted to shoot the thing off the bench. I would imagine that it would rattle the fillings out of one's teeth.

Oh, my! Ten Gauge! Definitely on my bucket list.

Like 1
Oh, my! Ten Gauge! Definitely on my bucket list.

You neeeeed one!

$65 brand new from Donn Heath Gun Shop in Fort Worth, Texas just after duck season closed in 1976. I was 18 and thought I was going to take ducks at 100 yards.

Like 6
What a lovely Artillery Lugar. Fantastic condition. Do you shoot it?
Reposted my early war Mauser 1939. Ignore the Government model 1911.
Nothing wrong with a 1911, in fact my eye was drawn to that first, it’s a hand piece that I’ve spent a lot of time with, I’m sufficiently familiar with it that every thing about it it’s use I can do in my sleep.

Like 1

IMG_20230324_0021.jpg
What we used to call a gully sweeper, fire that along a gully and every thing in it would be dead…….if you didn’t hit it it would’ve either died of fright at the sound of the thing or asphyxiated from the smoke!

Who doesn't like a good Luger. My only expedition into Lugerland is this old model 1906 in .30 Luger.20210807_155607.jpg

Like 2