Forums Latest Members
  1. Matt-C Jan 5, 2013

Hi All

Had my SMP for just over 2 weeks now and loving it, but I'm still having a bit of a tangle sizing the bracelet. Initially it was way too big so I had one and a half links removed and it seemed ok! But after a week the slight movement was annoying me so I went back and had the remaining half link removed. However it's now borderline tight. So my question is, from experience does anyone know if taking a full link out and putting 2 halfs back in make it slightly bigger? I didn't want another trip to my AD if it wouldn't make any difference?

Thanks

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

Two halfs is slightly bigger than one full link, yep :)

There's another trick that works though, if you get like one of those adhesive pads for putting under monitors and things so they don't leave marks on your table, you can put it behind the caseback and 1mm of thickness there makes all the difference, and is easily removable.

3. Brian S.M.P. Jan 5, 2013

That's a great tip I must remember this.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

I actually found these velcro pad things, they're like $3 in the supermarket, and you they're about 25mm diameter, one soft fuzzy velcro half one scratchy hook velcro half per pair, and adhesive backed. I just put the soft fuzzy half on the underside of my watch and it was perfect, and actually rather comfy like felt.

5. ulackfocus Jan 5, 2013

As long was there isn't any paint on the back, that's a friggin' great idea!

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2013

Nope there's just a bit engraved Seamonster, and because the body of the Seamonster is sort of flat and polished it sort of sticks ok to it. But yea works great on most any watch like that where the bracelets just a spot too big and you don't want to adjust it because its too hard or not fine enough.

7. Matt-C Jan 5, 2013

Thanks for the prompt reply dsio. Another trip to the AD with my 2 half links in hand I think!!
    Cheers
    Matt.

8. Brian S.M.P. Jan 5, 2013

This forum is awesome. Great advice.

Trev likes this.