Forums Latest Members
  1. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

Very cool new box it comes in! Query - I noticed there seems to be a tiny bit of play on the bezel i.e I can depress the bezel a tiny amount and it gives way then returns back, I'm talking millimetres but I don't remember it doing that on my older SMP (still the ceramic version just I sold it and not bought another one new from omega AD)
    Can anyone confirm?

IMG_5462.JPG
  2. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

So I just called Omega Boutique London and they told me this is normal as they have changed it on recently to have that play as a 'security feature' for diving to make it harder to turn underwater? Anyone? I don't mind just want to be sure :)

3. PatrickJ Jan 5, 2016

Go back there and have a play with a few to clarify for yourself. You may get another watch while you are there.;)

4. flw history nerd Jan 5, 2016

I hadn't heard this - I bought mine (in the familiar old red box) in October of 2014. But from personal experience, I can attest that the bezel with the scalloped edge is VERY hard - nearly impossible, in fact - to turn when it and my hands are wet. I simply can't get a firm grip on it ... the bezels on the Seamaster 300 and the Rolex Submariner (and, I assume, almost every other dive watch) are MUCH easier to turn. Not a user-friendly feature, in my opinion ... so if the bezel action has been improved, that's very good news indeed.

5. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

Well thought I'd call their bluff and called another boutique in London..he never heard of that. Problem is I bought it at an AD would the boutique still take over and replace if necessary or would they make me go back to the AD to return it to Omega or whatever?

6. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

I agree - reason I noticed this was because when I turned the bezel I thought it 'sounded' different which it would it its looser

7. DaveThumper Jan 5, 2016

I had the same problem as you, i bought mine from Goldsmiths in Liverpool on the 29/12/15 and when i got home on the night i noticed the play in the bezel,so took it back the next day, and tried two others they had in stock,they had no play so they changed mine

8. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

Cheers Dave - I just spoke to Oxford Street bouqtiue guy there ive spoken to before very helpful he said it shouldn't move at all. Got a good mind to make a complaint about the other guy making that stuff up! Problem is I bought from AD and he will prob have to send it back to Omega now who will want to fix it etc rather than replace it argh!

9. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

James at Regent Street - just called him back and gave him a piece of my mind! :) Feel better now.

10. DaveThumper Jan 5, 2016

I feel for you Taz,i remembered after i posted they told me the same thing,but it didn't feel right to me, and with the others in stock not doing i asked for a change,i was going to buy from grey market (Iconic watches) so glad i didn't now, have you had it long ? if not i would ask them to change it

11. taz101 Jan 5, 2016

I just got it this afternoon lol! Problem is the AD ordered it as out of stock so it literally came direct from Switzerland! I've got a feeling he will say he has to send it back and Omega will just 'fix it' and send it back but for me it could happen again and I want a new replacement!

12. DaveThumper Jan 5, 2016

Did you get it from a large chain of jeweller's ? i would not be happy for him to send it back to Switzerland,can you imagine how long it would take to get it back?if they can't exchange it you should ask for a refund

13. taz101 Jan 6, 2016

So AD is telling me over phone he cant replace it as its 'brand new' which is annoying but I understand, telling me i can send it back to him and he will send it to Omega uk to 'fix it' or I can go there. Well I might as well go to Omega Boutique myself then but i'm not too happy about it as even if it just needs tightening or whatever would you be happy buying something that arrived faulty?? What if its the start of other problems!

14. ConElPueblo Jan 6, 2016

In Danish law, the seller has two attempts at fixing a reklamation on a sold good, probably similar to the law in other countries.

15. taz101 Jan 6, 2016

Well I will go to London now Saturday and see what they say. Rather inconvenient I must say!!

16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 6, 2016

I think Omega as a rule has three attempts at fixing an issue before issuing a new watch. That said there is normally a period of time after purchase when an exchange or return is accepted, even if sometimes it has a shelving fee attached.

17. taz101 Jan 6, 2016

I've got a feeling they will just pop it open and 'tighten something' probably. Surely they have quality control at Omega though? These arent hundred pound products!!

18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 6, 2016

Very possible, at least here in NYC they have their own lab and will make fixes there. I brought a XL PO that had the bezel spring broken and they did it there while I waited. Didn't charge me a penny even though the watch was way past warranty.

The man fixing it came in from the "lab" wearing a white coat so I trusted him :). Just like my dentist.

19. taz101 Jan 6, 2016

Yea they have qualified watchmakers as its OB I think he will 'assess' it and fix if simple if not they will send it off to their service centre she said.
    Maybe i'm old fashioned but when i buy something new and it turns out to have an issue, I want ANOTHER ONE not a repaired faulty one.

20. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 6, 2016

I think it's a natural and emotional reaction. It is not "faulty" really. A little give in the bezel
    Is just that, and it is not something you have to live for for the rest of your life really. Once fixed its fixed.

You may get another one that will have the perfect bezel and the the crown will fall off after a week erc.

But these are not cheap watches and you're entitled to your feelings. Express your point of view at the Boutique see what they say although I'd assume that's more on the AD that sold it to you.