Forums Latest Members

SMP 300, Speedy Pro, and the Aqua Terra: You need to "love" one, kill one, and marry one... Go!

1. ffej4 Survey Man Mar 9, 2015

Survey Man checking in.

I, just recently (and for some odd reason – don't ask), felt like asking this question to the OF community. I'm genuinely curious to see what people have to say. ;)

I used these three watches in very broad terms. I did not want to designate model numbers. I want this to be an open-ended question.

*I edited the title to be slightly more appropriate*

Clarification ---

"Love" one – obviously, not sexually. Why is this piece the most visually attractive? Why would so many people "lust" over it?

Marry one – why would you keep this watch forever, and what factors play into this decision?

Kill one – what one do you have a peeve with (even a particular model), and why?

Edited Mar 9, 2015
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2015

Its not really the swearing that's the issue, its that if you're contemplating any of the three options over a watch you've started to lose some perspective :cautious:

ffej4 and kyle L like this.
  3. ffej4 Survey Man Mar 9, 2015

I suppose when you look at it literally. :confused: I mean this figuratively, of course!

Like, marry one – the one you'll keep forever and ever.

Kill one – the one you can absolutely do without (for whatever reason, and why).

"Love" one – why is it so good-looking? Why is it so sexy?

Maybe this thread is a bit far. I am really hoping to get some good responses and interesting takes on this.

4. ffej4 Survey Man Mar 9, 2015

I'm going to clarify things in the original post to keep this from going haywire!

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 10, 2015

I am going with choice number four:

Love the Aqua Terra
    Marry the Speedy Pro &
    See the SMP300 on the side.
    ;)

ffej4 and MikiJ like this.
  6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 10, 2015

Was nearly going to type out the young bull ,old bull joke ;)

ffej4 likes this.
  7. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 10, 2015

I would turn Mormon and marry both the AT and the Speedy, probably would end up consorting with the AT more often unless I could get my hands on an older and wiser Speedy because one likes them old...

I may or may not have a casual affair worth the smp 300, she's beautiful but ultimately a fake blond. Who knows, I may end up liking it more, but when I tried it I just couldn't get myself to buy it. Now, if she was just a little more true to her original self...

ffej4 likes this.
  8. ffej4 Survey Man Mar 10, 2015

This cracked me up, yet was an elegantly-crafted response. Props to you, Sergio! [emoji1]

9. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Mar 10, 2015

Hard to answer, much like what is your favorite watch... but I see how you spun this, and I can totally relate.

If I had to reduce my collection, at this point I would sell the 2054/2254. I have the bond bracelet and it does not take with me and I have not been able to find the speedy type bracelet. I just purchased several leather straps and I will give those a shot before I give up on this one. But the other day, I did run across a 2054 with a PO bezel and that too now could be the next option if the leather does not work.

I love the POXL, but simply can't make it a daily wearer due to its size, but it is fun to take out now and again. It is such a classy looking piece that there will always be a location in my watch box for the PO (may get a newer one as well).

I really think the one for me is the Speedy, but honestly I can't keep it to just one speedy. I can always count on my panda speedy, the Gemini IV is a special treat to wear and I have room for one more speedy and it will be between a 321 birth year or a Speedyorite.

The Skyfall gets passed down to my eldest son and the Panda to my youngest. I plan to pass down 4 watches total to my two boys. So I need to buy two more for me to wear for the next 15-20 years.

ffej4 likes this.