Forums Latest Members
  1. mikeviz Nov 27, 2020

Hi. When sizing an SMP 300 bracelet, would there be any reason (apart from fit or clasp location) to leave both half links on the bracelet in favor of removing a full link? Or is the recommendation to remove both half links if you can get a good fit with full links only? Does anyone remember what they removed to fit a 7" wrist?

I'll be sizing one soon, and my plan is to start with removing the half link from each side and 1 full link from each side and go from there.

Thanks!

2. zwjk Nov 27, 2020

I don’t think there is a hard and fast rule. I would suggest to remove whatever links to make the watch fit comfortably on your wrist.

3. time flies Nov 27, 2020

Keep in mind: half links are not really half a whole link. A little bigger.

have fun
    kfw

4. mjb Nov 30, 2020

I have two half links on one side because it allows the bracelet to make the turn around my pointy wrist a bit easier.

Just don't tighten down the screws too much as you try different things, and you can fool around with different options.

5. rjdemarco Nov 30, 2020

Two half links is a great option to have because together they are slightly larger than one full link. And, it makes a difference!

6. mikeviz Dec 1, 2020

Interesting, thanks for the input! For posterity's sake, removing both half links (one from each side) and one full link from each side resulted in a great fit for a 7" wrist. The clasp does seem to fall on the underside of the wrist a bit more toward the 12 o'clock side, though, which is kind of strange given each side is the same length.

I could see a possible preference to leaving both half links in and removing one full link from the 12 o'clock side and two from the six (so still a net removal of about 3 links). That would make the 12 side one link longer than the 6, and may get the clasp a bit more centered, and give a slightly looser fit.

Edited Dec 2, 2020
  7. rjdemarco Dec 1, 2020

Typically, the 6 o'clock side needs to be shorter than the 12 o'clock, by 1 or 2 links to make it sit properly. Some people like both sides to be even but then the watch face won't lie correctly on the wrist.