SMP 2254.50 w. Uncle Curved FKM Rubber Strap

Good to know it fits. I saw this the other day, but his website said only the current gen. SMP with the date at six worked.

It should work then on the previous, 3rd gen. non-wave dial.

Good morning,

I went ahead and ordered the new Uncle SMP 300 fitted rubber strap for my 2254.50 hoping that it may fit, and turns out that it does! Worked with the included spring bars as well. Strap seems like good quality and comfortable, hardware is nice. Thought I would share in case anyone was wondering if it would work.

https://unclestraps.com/collections.../omega-seamaster-300m-custom-fkm-rubber-strap
Image.jpg Image (1).jpg

Nice work. It looks fairly close to genuine, good value at about a fifth the price! Did you have any difficulty getting the spring bars to line up? I found with genuine it does fit but it is quite fiddly to get the angle right as the positioning is very close but not perfect. Took me a good few minutes to fit.

It should work then on the previous, 3rd gen. non-wave dial.

Not necessarily. I made a thread yesterday about fitting the current genuine strap to a first gen SMP and padders reported it didn't fit the third gen no wave SMPc.

Nice work. It looks fairly close to genuine, good value at about a fifth the price! Did you have any difficulty getting the spring bars to line up? I found with genuine it does fit but it is quite fiddly to get the angle right as the positioning is very close but not perfect. Took me a good few minutes to fit.

I agree, the value is definitely there! Getting it in took less work than I thought. I had some curved spring bars ready to go in case I needed them, but the straight ones worked and took me less than 5 min. A bit of fiddling but it fit nice and snug.
Edited:

I agree, the value is definitely there! Getting it in took less work than I thought. I had some curved spring bars ready to go in case I needed them, but not the straight ones worked and took me less than 5 min. A bit of fiddling but it fit nice and snug.

Sounds like a similar experience as the OEM. Good to know!

Thanks for sharing @watch_er

Despite i just received a few Montreux straps for the Peter Blake, i might pull the trigger on this one ...
Is the keeper close to the buckle a fixed one or a floating one ?
Does the other keeper (floating this one) have a little peg that locks into the last hole to maintain it in place (liek the OEM or the Zealande) ?

Is the keeper close to the buckle a fixed one or a floating one ?

Fixed

Does the other keeper (floating this one) have a little peg that locks into the last hole to maintain it in place (liek the OEM or the Zealande) ?

Yes

Here are a few more (not great quality) photos IMG_4564.jpeg IMG_4565.jpeg IMG_4566.jpeg

Hah it's even got the exact same wave pattern and the same shape cutouts for the Omega logo on the inside, except they're blank! That's quite cheeky. This is nearly a replica, just unbranded. I wonder if their supplier is making the same product for the replica market with the branding stamped on it...

Out of interest, does the fixed keeper have any flex at all? In the OEM it has a titanium strengthener moulded in it so it won't budge in the slightest. Curious if they've replicated that too.

Hah it's even got the exact same wave pattern and the same shape cutouts for the Omega logo on the inside, except they're blank! That's quite cheeky. This is nearly a replica, just unbranded. I wonder if their supplier is making the same product for the replica market with the branding stamped on it...
I love Uncle Straps, and Larry's customer service. But he does sometimes blur the lines between original/replica.

The biggest controversy perhaps being a Seiko SARB037 dial he sells, using the word "Uncle" (on an OEM Seiko dial).

In any case, I will continue buying his straps/bracelets. His GL831 is amazing for Seiko divers.

I love Uncle Straps, and Larry's customer service. But he does sometimes blur the lines between original/replica.

The biggest controversy perhaps being a Seiko SARB037 dial he sells, using the word "Uncle" (on an OEM Seiko dial).

In any case, I will continue buying his straps/bracelets. His GL831 is amazing for Seiko divers.

I've never dealt with him, but I do like the idea and look of a lot of his products. And to be clear, I don't have a problem with this strap either. It is blurring the line, but it also is omitting all of the branding and is clearly marketed as not Omega so that makes it okay to me. That dial though where he's put the Seiko logo on his part, that's stepping over the line.

If he's got a third party in China making these straps though, all they have to do is stamp the logos on and they're selling fakes on the side. Or it might be the other way around even, he's getting a blanked out version of an existing fake strap made for him. Looking at OP's pics and my own, I can see slight improvements in finish on the OEM, but frankly they're very subtle. Without a side by side, it would be tough.

Out of interest, does the fixed keeper have any flex at all? In the OEM it has a titanium strengthener moulded in it so it won't budge in the slightest. Curious if they've replicated that too.

Plenty of flex, so there is no strengthener in there.

Hard to argue with the value proposition. I have a lot of his stuff from his “Uncle Seiko” days, and he’s always provided a lot of bang for the buck.

Hard to argue with the value proposition. I have a lot of his stuff from his “Uncle Seiko” days, and he’s always provided a lot of bang for the buck.

Agreed, this appears to me to be 80% of the strap at less than 20% of the price. Pareto Principle in full effect here. I'm still very happy with my gen strap decision, but it's impossible to argue with the value for money Uncle is offering.

Good morning,

I went ahead and ordered the new Uncle SMP 300 fitted rubber strap for my 2254.50 hoping that it may fit, and turns out that it does! Worked with the included spring bars as well. Strap seems like good quality and comfortable, hardware is nice. Thought I would share in case anyone was wondering if it would work.

https://unclestraps.com/collections.../omega-seamaster-300m-custom-fkm-rubber-strap
Image.jpg Image (1).jpg
That looks damn good! Thanks for posting. 👎

If Uncle only had a folding clasp.