Forums Latest Members
  1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 28, 2021

2. Vintagewtchzilla Apr 29, 2021

found the matching unboxing video ... looks like a lot of fun for the next GTG

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2021

Seen these before.

4. Andrew C Apr 29, 2021

It says "custom dial" in the description. So presumably they modded this rather it coming from the factory that color. Which is likely the difference?

Edit - and it is Steel not Plat...

So yeah they've somehow taken a regular steel and F'd with the dial.

ERBM likes this.
  5. Rado63 Apr 29, 2021

It's just a customized 166520. Who knows the condition of the donor watch. The ad does mention the dial and the bezel are custom which in Rolex sales means not original from the manufacturer. The issue for me is that the buyer will have a watch that Rolex will supposedly refuse to service. If Rolex won't service a customized watch then the buyer needs to be aware of this.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Andrew C Apr 29, 2021

Yeah but it looks good on Instagram right now for building "status"...

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 29, 2021

Curious if it’s a legit dial as well. It’s f not I fail to see the mark up value. I’m also not sure how to even source the real dial as that and the bezel are platinum only parts. It’s not like someone has the plat and would want to trade dials.

8. mrs_LA May 1, 2021

They’re likely using a photo of a real Platinum Daytona on the website, and I’m guessing they don’t have the custom one ready on inventory as stock, just “convert as needed per order”

The custom dial and bezel quality will look much worse, as with any aftermarket-quality dials and bezels. :taunt:

Foo2rama likes this.