Forums Latest Members
  1. cimo Apr 17, 2018

Hello,

I have a small request which I think would improve usability especially for mobile users.

I would ask that clicking on the "Latest" tab defaults to "Alerts" instead of "Threads." My reasoning is twofold:

1. The red alert badges appear on the "Latest" tab. Usually, when I click this tab it is to check my alerts. Removing the extra click to get to alerts would improve usability especially on mobile.

2. Even when already on the "Alerts" tab, the red badges still appear above under "Latest." I frequently leave the tab up, and then click "Latest" to refresh my alerts (since that is where the badges are) only to remember that I should have clicked directly on "Alerts" instead. It feels more intuitive that this should be the case.

I know it seems like a nitpick, but I thought I would at least throw it out there.

Thanks for the continued support.

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 17, 2018

My 'go to' is 'Latest', so my feeling about it is opposite of yours. It would be interesting to see what some other users feel about this.

watchos, Taddyangle, Kmart and 2 others like this.
  3. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Apr 17, 2018

Nope, I want latest to show latest. It’s pretty much the only way I browse the forum, apart from looking at the dealer sales which dont show in latest (understandably).

4. ulackfocus Apr 17, 2018

I want to see the latest posts when I click on Latest, not who "Like"d what. I'm here for the discussion and information. One extra click to check if somebody tagged me isn't going to kill me.

5. rb10chris Apr 17, 2018

I only browse latest also... and i never knew that's where you go to check alerts, thanks!

6. abrod520 Apr 17, 2018

I also use Latest as the main way of navigating the forum, but maybe clicking on the little red Alert box could go directly to alerts?

I usually read through the threads that any alerts are flagging for me anyway though

7. cimo Apr 18, 2018

Usually I'm checking alerts to read the most recent posts to threads I'm following rather than checking 'likes' or whatnot. More as a way to filter the "Threads" tab, as (lets face it) not everything is of interest to everyone.

8. Davidt Apr 18, 2018

I prefer it as it is. I use “latest” to see the latest threads, whether I have an alert for it or not.

9. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 18, 2018

I go to Latest: Go directly to Latest. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Have been on the Forum for over three years and had never investigated the Alert. Only learned what the Alert was for when someone else made inquiry a few weeks ago.