Forums Latest Members
  1. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Oct 4, 2013

Hello gents, I need your collective WISdom again for another project. I have an SM300 in original condition apart from the crown. The movement serial is 26820XXX making it a '68 model and am certain it should have a screw down crown.

I have been informed by Al Archer that Omega threads the inside of the tube on the SM300. However, when I removed the generic crown to check if the case tube is threaded I found there is no thread inside it when looking at it through a loupe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This means that the watch either came standard with a Naiad crown or someone has removed the case tube to fit the generic crown :confused:

So my questions are;

Does my case tube look correct?
    Should this have a Naiad or screw down crown?
    If it is a screw down that I need, do I just get a crown and the matching case tube or will I need some other parts as well?

Your help would be most appreciated

Regards

CS

2. Railmaster1957 Oct 5, 2013

Hi CS!
    If your watches crown tube is 2,5mm then 069ST42028 is proper choice. Thread in crown tubes are soldered ones into case and I think it is not smart to play with them.;)

HTH,

Sampo

Central Scrutinizer likes this.
  3. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Oct 5, 2013

Hi Sampo, thanks for the help. I have tried to measure the tube and it looks like it is less than 2.5mm externally to me. I will try and get a set of verniers tomorrow and measure it properly. Do you know what size the screw down case tube is?

Cheers

4. Railmaster1957 Oct 5, 2013

Hi CS!
    I don´t have the threaded tube but measuring from 069ST42062 crown it seems to be roughly 3,0mm.

Sampo

5. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Oct 5, 2013

Hi Sampo,

It seems that my watch must have used the Naiad crown then. I actually prefer the look of them but not the WR to be honest.
    Does anyone know if the crown stems for these can be bought new?

Cheers

Pete

6. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Oct 5, 2013

Just checked the Cousins web site and they sell them for £6.65 + VAT so if you can't get one locally, at least you can get one from the UK.

7. Central Scrutinizer hangs out in Joe's garage Oct 5, 2013

Hi Stewart. Thanks mate. I can't get into the Cousins website for some strange reason. Do you have a link?

Cheers

8. prostie1200 Oct 5, 2013