Forums Latest Members
  1. Stu-Silver Mar 1, 2016

I changed from bracelet back to NATO last night on my SM300 MC and was wondering what other straps would suit my watch. I'm a fan of NATO straps and have also seen some great distressed leather straps combo's on vintage divers and Speedmasters in the past.

I would welcome photos showing your best diver / vintage diver combos for inspiration along with a mention of brand if possible. Also, I would be interested to know how 20mm straps sit on this watch as things might be a bit limited otherwise.

2. nmttd2 Mar 1, 2016

I'll show you some on my watch...

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Mr Bing likes this.
  3. Stu-Silver Mar 2, 2016

Perfect, many thanks for sharing, thought there would have been more replies, can hopefully tease a few more photos out of people. Would like to see it on a light tan leather. I think all your choices look great and it does look good on a leather NATO. which do you wear most?

4. Perseus Mar 2, 2016

I'm still looking for the perfect strap. I like it on the Bond nato which I turned into a single piece RAF style strap. I also wear it on a Hirsch accent rubber strap. I'm thinking about buying the Black Black Speedmaster strap.

[​IMG]

5. Stu-Silver Mar 2, 2016

The photo of the black NATO above should give you a nice idea, love the texture on the Speedmaster strap. Would love to see a photo if you get it. People must have been experimenting with their 300's, or divers so will hopefully get some more photos.

6. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Mar 2, 2016

Check out worn and wound website they have several different strap options and many colors....I like the pull thru straps so you can change straps with nato without using a tool. I know mine is not new but here are some photos of mine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Stu-Silver Mar 2, 2016

Jens0125, you don't have to worry about sending me photo's of the 'old' version, I still aspire to own both versions and it's a privilege to see yours, especially on so many straps. I must admit, I tend to struggle with getting used to a bracelet and prefer my SM on the NATO. Awesome photos, awesome watch and thanks for sharing. Again, I think like the tan the most.

8. brophy77 Mar 2, 2016

So I purchased the black on black omega nato with my ss 300, and I have since returned it for two normal nylon omega natos. The issue for me was that the thickness of the black on black was just too much for the 300, for me at least.

9. Stu-Silver Mar 2, 2016

Ok, so as a bit of an experiment I ordered 4 cheap watch straps to gauge how the colours/styles suit my watch before splashing out on anything more significant. They are all 20mm, no option for 21mm which is another reason to try first. NATO straps cost me £1.71 each and the woven strap £2.58, so around £8 in all. They will all get used I'm sure and I really like the green woven strap a lot. It is quite thick in comparison and has a good solid buckle. This exercise has also highlighted the quality of the Omega strap by the way which is in a completely different league. Let me know what you think.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  10. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn Mar 2, 2016

Bond nato all the way...but then I like green...for soft leather straps you could try 22 mm... I don't like seeing the spring bar so being 1 mm too short would bug me...for reference above mine is 19 mm , the nato and pull thru are 20mm and the red strap is 22mm...

11. Stu-Silver Mar 2, 2016

I'm with you all the way and wont be changing from the Bond NATO anytime soon especially having only just put it back on again. It's like having 2 completely different watches. Always nice to mix things up a bit though, especially in summer, so good to know a 22 might fit without bunching.