Forums Latest Members
  1. andyg Sep 29, 2014

Hi all,

long time lurker but a new member. I had placed a WTB add for an SM300 on WUS and received this offered at $2000+.

would any of you mind letting me know if this looks legitimate?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you all in advance.

Andy

2. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 29, 2014

It's a legitimate Watchco re-build using genuine Omega parts.

3. andyg Sep 29, 2014

Thank you for the reply dennisthemenace. ;)

4. cristos71 Sep 29, 2014

I also think it important to mention that the chance is very high that the 552 movement pictured was not originally in a SM300.

So if you are looking for a real SM300 this is not it.

5. msp1518 Sep 29, 2014

Archer just finished building mine. These are beyond awesome but more like custom watches. Know what you are buying.

6. andyg Sep 29, 2014

I am happy with a used movement, as this is more for rotational wear than being a safe queen.

I just think it is the definitive looking diver and super cool. An original is well beyond any budget i will allow.

I agree msp1518, beyond awesome.

7. Dogmann Sep 29, 2014

Hi andyg,

As others have said it all looks good and as long as you are aware of what it is and happy with it that's all that really counts so if you do get it enjoy it and of course don't forget to post some pictures.

Marc

8. andyg Sep 29, 2014

pics will follow if the purchase goes through. :)

9. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2014

Please get full references from anyone that contacts you. Preferably with references that have a forum history. Don't wire funds to anyone you don't know for some time. Vet everything and use protected payment systems.

Privateday7, Dogmann and andyg like this.
  10. andyg Sep 29, 2014

i have asked for all of this and requested Paypal over Bank Transfer. The seller has gone quiet. I am now suspicious. Shame, I have been wanting one of these for over a year now.

11. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2014

If you are recontacted feel free to ask opinions of the forum here.

12. andyg Sep 29, 2014

thank you very much Cicindela. i really appreciate the support offered on here by all.

13. Dogmann Sep 29, 2014

Hi andyg,

I have to say if your request has now been met by silence and this after they contacted you offering to sell you the watch I really would now be extremely cautious and move forward with care as its better to be safe then sorry.

Marc

14. andyg Sep 30, 2014

I agree Dogmann, and have binned the idea of buying from this individual. Please all beware Akasia Cooper if you are approached.

Thank you all for your sincere help and concern. I am blown away to be honest.

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2014

By the way folks, for everyone's education, the pictures of this watch were all taken from an older sales ad on another watch forum.

16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

One more save by forum !!! Yay !!!!
    I was in your position like 4 or 5 times. Sorely tempted but quickly come to my senses by contacting members and mods in here. Even one time the mods has blocked scammer PM before I read it (only get notification that a PM has been deleted due to suspicious activities).
    Unfortunately a few times the scammers still succeed in our forum:mad:.

17. bish789 Sep 30, 2014

Scammerphobia is the new word for hatred of scammers on the forum. That makes us scammerphobes.

18. Bluepoint Sep 30, 2014

This is such a problem these days that I'm not sure I would even do a WTB ad anymore. I did one for a Heuer Diver and got pics from a watch owned by someone I'd done business with before. Google is a great thing. Google their email address, google the name. Google the watch model you are looking for in google images to see a match. Ask the seller to set the watch at a time of your request or put it on a dated newspaper. That will take care of 99 percent of scammers.

andyg, Privateday7 and watchme like this.