Forums Latest Members
  1. MyVintageOmega Dec 24, 2012

seamonster likes this.
  2. flame Speedmaster Neil Dec 25, 2012

Hi

This was one of mine....is completely original and all matching....it is a very early 165024 with earliest example bezel font in near mint condition.

I know and have dealt with the seller previously.... :D

Merry Xmas !

Best - Neil

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  3. Littleroger Dec 25, 2012

After what this watch has been through, it would be ironic to see it back in the hands of a forumite, particularly if the seller gets less than he paid for it....;)

4. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 25, 2012

Respectable Member MyVintageOmega

This is a handsome classic with lots of character that will never age and it is really difficult to get something in this condition with originality, intact.

It is good to know when the British Navy was looking for a diver watch, they picked the standard production Seamaster 300 over the Rolex Submariner due to its design which made it easier to read underwater. Needless to say, Omega's in-built quality can never be disputed, then. Subsequently, Rolex had to modify its famed Submariner to look like a Seamaster 300, in order to supply branches of the British military with diver watches. This being the reason, the military Submariners are very uncommon and mighty expensive.

Thank-you.

MyVintageOmega likes this.
  5. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 25, 2012

Respectable Member flame

Kindly let us know, what is the difference between an earliest example bezel font against one that comes later. As for me, I am not able to tell the difference between the two.

Thank-you.

6. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 25, 2012

Respectable Member Littleroger

This is a wonderful piece. If only I had the funds, more than likely the watch will be mine, though it does not come with a date. For a second watch it is OK but not one that I wear, daily.

Thank-you.

7. Rdl81 Dec 25, 2012

What is a fair price for such a watch?

8. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 25, 2012

Respectable Member MyVintageOmega

When was the sword hour-hand introduced to this model?

Thank-you.

9. MyVintageOmega Dec 25, 2012

Well I am some-what stumped on this. The information out there contradicts. My guess would be 1965. Hope others chime in on this one.

10. MyVintageOmega Dec 25, 2012

Wow.......these watches vary alot and collection hounds will often pay triple their value being in the right place at the right time. No matter the cost there will be someone who will pay a little more on these. To address your question straight up I would say the average cost from all I''ve seen is 2800 USD. Seen alot come out this year at about 3300 to 3900 USD.

11. Rdl81 Dec 25, 2012

perfect thanks

12. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 25, 2012

Respectable Member MyVintageWatch

This one which is now listed on eBay is totally original and with the correct hands, since it belonged to flame at one time and he knows his subject very well. However the later ones of the same model reference number come with the sword hour-hand.

I prefer the candle-stick hands against the sword hour-hand. Examples with candle-stick hands are very uncommon and seldom seen.

Thank-you.

13. seamonster Respectable Member Dec 26, 2012

Respectable Member flame

UK is experiencing some freak weather issues and hopefully, you and the many others are safe and sound, over there.

Thank-you.

14. Poloplayer Antimagnetic Member Dec 26, 2012

Has the entire production of these passed through your hands at some point Neil?

Giles