Forums Latest Members
  1. plexyforever Apr 19, 2018

I am at work now.
    I have a few nice pics on my ipad at home.
    In a couple of hours I'll post them.

2. Dgercp Apr 19, 2018

Mostly service items?
    Care to elaborate?

pmontoyap likes this.
  3. adi4 Apr 19, 2018

I think @cristos71 was asking if this seller is re-using your pictures from the sale. Could possibly be a scammer that just used your pictures from your sales listing.

cristos71 likes this.
  4. OWa Apr 19, 2018

This forum is awsome and can sometimes proctect from scammers.

5. plexyforever Apr 19, 2018

::shy:: Sorry I misunderstood ...
    No, those are not my pictures.
    This was mine, it was correct (I am not a seller) and I sold it at the right price.

2BF08F95-CCDC-4FB5-B40A-D5698C15CA4A.jpeg
  6. MCC Apr 19, 2018

Great looking watch and amazing how often a watch previously sold is recognised on this forum.

marco likes this.
  7. Lucasssssss Apr 19, 2018

I think it really does speak to how the top 5% of vintage watches mostly just get passed around various collectors.

8. ostneb Apr 19, 2018

Definitely tread with caution!

9. mbc Apr 19, 2018

I am not a frequent poster, but please take my word on this -- the watch in the OP pics was owned by a stand-up guy in France. He listed his watch on ebay quite some time ago and ultimately sold the watch to a buyer in france for what the watch is actualy worth. I came close to buying it myself. I suspect his pics have been hijacked. RUN AWAY

here is the ebay listing that i sought advice on from folks on this forum

https://omegaforums.net/threads/166-024-on-ebay.68707/#post-863692

marco, pmontoyap and sdre like this.
  10. mbc Apr 19, 2018

Plexyforever -- you forget that you listed the watch on ebay twice -- I can't find the second listing (i posted a link to the first ebay listing later in this thread, didn't see that you were on it), but I assure you those are your pics from the second listing...I was obsessed with your watch! I did find a couple of gems this year, so all's well

11. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Apr 19, 2018

Plot thickens again......

12. mbc Apr 19, 2018

adi4 likes this.
  13. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Apr 19, 2018

::popcorn::::popcorn::::popcorn::

marco, adi4 and shishy like this.
  14. larryganz The cable guy Apr 20, 2018

So, current seller is using the old photos from Plexforever's second eBay auction from back in Feb 2018, and selling it for 1/3 the price that it's worth?

Run away. There is no way this guy is the actual winner of that rent auction and now willing to take that $6K loss, and if the watch is really for sale it's likely stolen, but most likely the seller does not have that watch and they want to steal your money (and the winner of that auction still owns that watch).

marco likes this.
  15. plexyforever Apr 20, 2018

I am writing now because I am located in Italy and when you wrote this emails I was sleeping.
    Well, you are wrong!
    I AM NOT the guy who sold my old watch on ebay.
    I DID NOT sell it on ebay but by private negotation.
    Those pictures with extract of archive are NOT mine.
    I am NOT a dealer or seller but a collector.
    I am getting upset because I was in this discussion to help people and now I am involved in a “plot”.
    OK, it has been a good lesson for me, in future I’ll avoid to partecipate in this kind of discussion.

BenBagbag likes this.
  16. larryganz The cable guy Apr 20, 2018

Sorry, I was responding to mbc - see his quote. I asked to confirm that the photos the current seller was using were ones used in a second auction by you - see my question mark? That what I read his post as saying.

I looked the auction he listed with those same pics, from Feb 2018 which sold for $8,900. I don't know if that was you, it looked like mbc was saying that your second old auction listing of the watch. If that was the case, I felt that the person currently trying to sell that $8,900 watch for $3000 was a scammer i.e. that the current seller using those pics either doesn't have the watch or he stole the watch, because he'd never buy it in Feb for $8900 and now sell it for $3000.

Never said you are a scammer, as you are not the current seller. I don't know how you read that as such.

17. plexyforever Apr 20, 2018

No problem with you, I was writing to mbc because he wrote that I was the ebay seller.
    That is WRONG.
    I say it another time (last one):
    In October 2017 I sold it directly to a French guy (NO EBAY).
    Marco

18. mbc Apr 20, 2018

With apologies to Plexyforever (I confused him with the FRENCH guy as he refers to him), the important point here is that the pics from the OP are recycled from a previous owner, who DID list the watch on EBAY.

From my communication with that owner (who I verified by having him send me additional specific pics), i know he subsequently sold the watch for much more than the current "seller" is asking. So unless that "seller" likes losing chunks of money -- it is a scam....

19. mbc Apr 20, 2018

Apologies again Plexyforever -- I was also trying to be helpful. You are NOT involved in the plot as you have made clear that it was your watch and you sold it. Neither am I (other than I made the mistake of thinking you were the guy you sold it to (he is in the south of France), an honest mistake) -- we ARE trying to help someone on this forum avoid getting scammed !

20. plexyforever Apr 20, 2018

Ok, everything is fine for me.:thumbsup:
    I can say that I sold it, last October, for 6.4k euros.

marco and Lucasssssss like this.