Forums Latest Members

SOLD Skin Diver Aurore Watch - 250euros

1. YYTIN Mar 5, 2023

Hi there,

Still pursuing my effort to re-focus my collection, so here comes my 2nd sales post.

This time I propose a skin diver from the 60s from an ‘obscure’ French brand named AURORE. This company, created in the 50s in Toulouse, in the South of France, has been mainly assembling quality Swiss components. I believe here is a good example of that with a nice combo of swiss case & movement.

IMG_5540.JPG

The Watch

- Skin diver with a glossy black Dial, with the inscription "Aurore Watch Automatic" at 12, and "incabloc, 200 metres, sous marine" at 6. Having seen similar hands on Aurore skin diver watch, I believe the hands, including the arrow minute one, to be original to the watch.

- Case: 38mm, stainless steel, screw back. « 12642 » is referenced on the case back as well as the inscriptions « Antimagnetic, All stainless steel Swiss case, 100% waterproof tested 20 ATM »

- Rotative bakelite bezel is functional

- Movement: Automatic A.Schild 1882 (Unfortunately I can't open the case myself so no picture here) with a black/red roulette date.

- Lug width : 19mm

- Comes with an Uncle Seiko ‘tropic’ strap (I realized afterward the current one on the picture is a 20mm, I have another one in 19mm that will fit the watch better, in the same state, and this is the one I'll sell the watch with).
    IMG_5532.JPG
    IMG_5539.JPG

Condition

Vintage : honest & used watch.
    Case has scratches & dings but its angles appear very clearly and it doesn't look like polished.

Movement : service history unknown, so a service is recommended if you plan to wear it daily. I've checked it on the timegrapher I just acquired : It runs fast as you can see - and will benefit from an adjustment at least - but the amplitude and the beat error are good.

IMG_5537.JPG IMG_5536.JPG IMG_5533.JPG
    IMG_5518.JPG IMG_5519.JPG IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5521.JPG IMG_5522.JPG IMG_5523.JPG IMG_5524.JPG IMG_5535.JPG IMG_5544.JPG
    My own Review :

This is my 2nd sales post (1st watch sold last week, and to be delivered as agreed with the buyer next month, so review is pending), but I've got plenty of reference as ... a buyer. And I'm happy to say everything went smoothly in all of the transactions in OF, C24 or in a French Forum where I do buy from time to time.

You can refer to the OF reviews by clicking on the link below :

https://omegaforums.net/search/22283696/?q=YYTIN&o=date&c[title_only]=1&c[node]=10

Payment, Shipping & Returns

Payment is accepted via PayPal F&F, bank transfer, Wise.

I’m asking 250€ + shipping.

I'm located in France, so a EU deal should be simpler but I'm happy to ship wherever. Contact me and we will figure this out.

No returns please, unless I misrepresented the watch in any way.

Edit :
    I've put it with the right size 19mm strap.
    IMG_5549.JPG

Edited Mar 6, 2023
    mahomes, Dr.Sascha, Spruce and 3 others like this.
  2. bubu16 Mar 12, 2023

Hi-hope this finds you well. Am in NYC. Would you take 175 PP GS shipped? Thanks

YYTIN likes this.
  3. YYTIN Mar 12, 2023

^ I’ve sent you a PM :)

Scarecrow Boat likes this.
  4. YYTIN Mar 13, 2023

And now sold to a nice gentleman. Thanks for all who enquired.

Spruce and JwRosenthal like this.