Forums Latest Members
  1. Jantar Jun 21, 2018

Hey there,

I’ve got a 1116 bracelet with 575 endlinks for my speedmaster and for the life of me I cannot size this bracelet.

I read a thread here that stated there are individual springbars in the removable links and I can feel them move when I push a springbar tool into the hole but I cannot understand how you remove them?

I’ve tried pushing from both sides and each side on its own but there just isn’t enough play to work one side out. And the springbar tool seems to be preventing removal of the link by interfering.

Is there a trick to this?

Thanks

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 22, 2018

I would make sure the bracelet is as clean as you can get it - likely there is dirt inside that is preventing things from moving as they should. Ultrasonic tank would be best, but good soaking, brushing, rinsing may do the trick.

Cheers, Al

3. maxbelg Jun 22, 2018

I've sized a few of these. You need to push the springbar inside the link from both sides simultaneously and then turn the inside of the link relative to the outside..........at first I thought you need at least 5 hands :D but it's doable once you get the idea. Archer is right of course that it needs to be very clean otherwise the inside of the link is stuck and can't turn.

4. Jantar Jun 22, 2018

Thanks OF and maxbelg it was the rotation I was missing. Those are some tiny springbars!

After the first one and understanding a little more the other two were easy. 3 links removed and sized to fit.

ACD35C05-1DC8-4930-8F52-60B042DFD3E1.jpeg CD6A9FA7-F03D-4748-8877-EDE142752B99.jpeg

5. 140dave Apr 14, 2021

Okay, old thread resurrection. Does anyone have a video, pictures, or a different way to explain the step;
    I've read a few threads, looked for pics or videos, and cant for the life of me figure this out. Bracelet is clean, I can push both sides of the spring bar but cant wrap my brain around how to get the links apart with tools still inserted in the links to depress the springbar. I know it is just a conceptual issue and me not understanding something basic here so any help is appreciated. Thanks!