Forums Latest Members
  1. simomega Feb 11, 2020

Hi All,

Working in Singapore for the next few weeks, and hoping to find a Speedmaster Reduced while I'm here...

Any recommendations of places to try?

Thanks!

Simon

2. ericmtl Feb 11, 2020

Hi you might wanna try this guy:
    https://collectorstime.com/

Dealt with him in the past , great guy (Zeetan)

Happy hunting, Cheers!

3. Chye Feb 12, 2020

You may want to check out Shawn at http://www.heirloom2.com/Newadditions_index.htm (closed on Mondays)
    He had a few Reduced Speedies when I last visited in late Jan 2020, so hope you find something there.
    Shawn's got alot of other stuff too, so always fun to visit. Have fun!

Chye

khmt2 and simomega like this.
  4. snunez Feb 12, 2020

Depending on how well you can spot a fake, there are a lot of grey market Omegas on Carousell. Local market; not just for watches.

5. MMariotti Feb 12, 2020

If I may stay away from Bonfield watches, they sell a few cool watches but the guy is a bit hit and miss. He damaged one of my watches when he serviced it

6. peterkirk01 Feb 13, 2020

Can I recommend that you stay well away from the coronavirus that is gripping the far east. A international company ( indeed ) here in Dublin allowed its 1000 plus staff work from home a couple of days this week because one of its staff had visited Singapore and stayed in a hotel where another visitor tested positive for coronavirus.

7. whiskeredbat Feb 13, 2020

Have to agree. My Concord Delirium back wind went in for a routine battery change and came out dead. Was told watch was not working in the first place. I was wearing the watch the whole time with no issues prior to handing it over. Had the gall to charge me for a new battery as well. Now I have a gold paperweight - albeit a very light one:(.

MMariotti likes this.
  8. whiskeredbat Feb 13, 2020

Try Martinluxury. Address : 390 Victoria Street, Golden Landmark, #02-44, S(188061). Was there last week and saw a few Reduced at less than Sing$3,000. Also a solid gold Reduced watch and bracelet. Very good service and no pushy sales persons. You can bargain for cash payments.

simomega likes this.
  9. whiskeredbat Feb 15, 2020

Peter, thank you sir for your insight. I am from Singapore and there is much rumor mongering. Over here we are not dropping off like flies:). Singapore has a large migrant work force and people are returning from the Chinese New Year holidays so infection is inevitable but avoidable. Prudence is of course paramount with good sanitary practices: frequent use of hand sanitisers, face masks (have heard conflicting views on this), avoiding crowded areas and keeping hands off public hand rails, etc. Life is going on as usual though there was the initial panic like food and essentials hoarding. That has settled and we are just more careful than usual, as an example, thermal temperature devices at the airport arrival terminals. If anyone is visiting have a pleasant stay.

Stay well brothers and sisters.

simomega and khmt2 like this.