Simon Freese

Hi OF
Looking for some help is Simon Freese still in Business the reason for asking I have been trying to get in touch with him for a week now by phone and email without much success .

thanks

I emailed him recently to organise a service. He was meant to send me a pod to ship the watches to him in - still hasn't arrived.

I assume he's maybe on holiday or something as he is usually very good on comms.

that may be the reason for him not returning my emails . i sent him a watch at the backend off may still waiting on it back . getting slightly worried .

I assume it’s just summer hols. One of my watches has been there since early June and I got an email from Kelly yesterday.

Yes he's still well and truly in business, just very busy with multiple projects. I'd say wait for his reply

Like 2
Just serviced a speedy, rotary and a longines for me. (By just I mean I got them back Tuesday)

First time I've used him. Pleased with his service and communication.

Yes he's still well and truly in business, just very busy with multiple projects. I'd say wait for his reply

Most of them are yours ;)

Like 1
Simon has my omega since may he must be busy, he serviced my omega seamaster chrono last year great job . :thumbsup:

I've had mostly very good experiences with Simon, but he's had a couple watches of mine for almost two years now and I've got no idea what's going on, despite my requests to return them. I imagine it's a case of being too busy, but still disappointing.

Like 1
I've had mostly very good experiences with Simon, but he's had a couple watches of mine for almost two years now and I've got no idea what's going on, despite my requests to return them. I imagine it's a case of being too busy, but still disappointing.
I am sure you will have your watches back soon. Customer service and communication are indeed important though.

Pretty much all independent watchmakers need a full time business manager / boss to actually run their operation, handle billing, handle incoming and outgoing deliveries and communicate with people, very few actually have one though. Patience is often required for that reason.

Its not just them either, myself and Trevor are equally useless in many ways, that’s why Trevor married an accountant / manager, 200IQ move.

Like 6
Pretty much all independent watchmakers need a full time business manager / boss to actually run their operation

I know what you mean - I'm a specialized consultant and was fortunate enough to also marry someone with superb business and management sense. She's really turned our business around. I also know how hard it is to say no to clients when you're a small business, even if it is unlikely that you'll be able to meet their deadlines - starvation seems always around the corner.

All this quite apart from the havoc of COVID, Brexit and so on...

Like 1
Has anyone had any recent experience sending a watch to Simon for service? I sent mine to him in December and have barely heard anything since then. All my previous experiences with him were positive.

Reading other people’s posts in this thread it sounds like sometimes he is very busy but with the complete lack of communication I’m beginning to get quite concerned.

Thanks in advance!

Has anyone had any recent experience sending a watch to Simon for service? I sent mine to him in December and have barely heard anything since then. All my previous experiences with him were positive.

Reading other people’s posts in this thread it sounds like sometimes he is very busy but with the complete lack of communication I’m beginning to get quite concerned.

Thanks in advance!
Hi there, I have had a recent chat with Simone regarding some watches that he will start working on.
And he wrote that he has had tons and tons of watches to sort out and service.
And lots of unanswered mails...He is a one mans show, so it could take some time?

But have you tried to email him recently?

FWIW: my understanding is there is also a delay with many watchmaker’s receiving parts orders from Omega. I have watches in with a couple different shops ATM and both said it took weeks to get parts in that normally take days. I believe I saw Archer make a similar comment recently as well.

Add this to an already busy shop and output really slows down.

Hi.
I have used Simon's services on a couple of occasions with great results and prices, all that is needed is patience.

Like 1
I think he has spells where he has too much volume to manage customer expectations effectively. He’s obviously a great watchmaker but like many, his comms can be below par.

Unless something has changed, I also don’t believe Simon is Omega authorised so parts from the mothership shouldn’t have an impact.

Like 4
We need to nurture all the good honest watchmakers like Simon. If he has got overloaded I am sure he will be working hard to catch up.
The team at Swisstime led by Kieran are also very good and they all keep in touch for sure.

Like 3