Forums Latest Members

Silver Snoopy Case Back Question ?

1. Alf_flash Apr 23, 2017

Dear friends, i need to open my silver snoopy to replace a hand that has broken, question is, has any body opened a Silver Snoopy ?

Do you know if the case back is a Snap ? Or is it threaded ?

Any help will be thanked.
    Have a great day ! IMG_6800.JPG

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 23, 2017

You need to take it to a watch maker. If your unsure how this watch opens you are not able to reattach a hand.

The hand did not fall off, the post snapped. This watch is under warranty still, you need to contact Omega.

3. mmalek1 Apr 23, 2017

I would definitely let Omega take care of that one under warranty.

BrianMcKay and prontoprint like this.
  4. Alf_flash Apr 23, 2017

No, im not doing the job.

My watchmaker is going to do it, im just planning how to do it.

Swatch service here in terrible, there in no way im taking the watch to them.

Yes i know the damage, i have bought a new wheel and new hand.

Only question is, the caseback is a snap ?

Thanks !

5. ac106 Apr 23, 2017

Why do you need to plan anything if a watchmaker is taking care of it?

Also where is "here"? And why is swatch so terrible there?

6. Alf_flash Apr 23, 2017

Im located in Mexico City, and every time i take my omegas to swatch group service, every time it returns with a new dent, scratch... hands not centered correctly etc.

Reason why i have decided to buy the parts and do this works with my trusted watchmaker.

Sadly as experienced as he is, he has never open a silver snoopy, and he wants to experiment with the case back. And that is exactly what im trying to avoid.

I want to be sure of how this work is done to provide him the exact information and this way avoid more damage to the case than what has been done.

Once again thank you all for your help.

Thanks

7. Horologyhusky Apr 24, 2017

The caseback is a snap on caseback.

8. Alf_flash Apr 24, 2017

Thank you soooo much !!!!

I really really appreciate it !!!

God bless

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 24, 2017

Do you also have a new case back gasket? You will need one because once the plastic compression gasket is used once, it should not be used again - these are one time use only. If you use it again the case won't seal as it should...

You say he's trusted but if he could not figure out that the case is a snap on back...well...

10. Tubber Apr 24, 2017

I'm with Archer on this. This is not confidence inspiring "he wants to experiment with the case back." Especially on something like a Silver Snoopy. If you are uncomfortable sending it to Swatch send it overseas to a reputable watchmaker. I have done with dozens of watches and never had a problem.

oddboy likes this.
  11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 24, 2017

I should also mention that specialized tools are required to press the case back on again, so if your watchmaker does not have access to the proper dies for the case press, then there's a chance he could damage the case back while pressing it back on.

It's your watch OP, but really you should give this some serious thought before you hand it over...

Sculler22 and Tubber like this.
  12. Alf_flash Apr 24, 2017

Yes, thank you... i also bought a new gasket. Thank you very muy much for your help.

13. zrleopold Apr 24, 2017

3 weeks from now: My watchmaker broke my Snoopy. How can I fix this?

BrianMcKay, blufinz52 and ac106 like this.
  14. Meme-Dweller Apr 24, 2017

Or FS: Silver Snoopy SOLD AS IS

BrianMcKay, jep223 and ac106 like this.
  15. Alf_flash Apr 24, 2017

Thank you for your input.
    Have a great day

16. jpizzzle Apr 24, 2017

Take pictures before you send the watch and send to omega. The watch has a street value of over 12k and is under warranty. Way too risky imo to trust to someone outside the company. You also may void the warranty by having someone else work on it (someone may need to confirm this). This is a risky move IMO, especially if the watch maker is referring to you to find this info out. He should contact omega and get all these details.

As it was said it's your watch, hope it works out for you.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  17. Sculler22 Apr 24, 2017

Alf_flash, I am inferring from your last post that you may be feeling a bit put upon by all the comments, some more than a little sarcastic, about your watchmaker's lack of experience with this particular watch. Please be assured that every post has really been in sympathy with the best interests of you and your watch. A highly skilled watchmaker should find opening a case back to be totally elementary and, therefore, not in need of advice from a watch owner. So, questions have arisen in the minds of the posters about whether or not the watchmaker is up to the task. If, in fact, damage is done, you would be seriously unhappy. So, it is fair to expect that people are not interested in trolling you or your efforts, but that they will share best practices of their cumulative experience with you.

BrianMcKay and Foo2rama like this.
  18. BruceTheManLee Apr 26, 2017

How did this happen? the hand just broke off???!!!??!

tyrantlizardrex and BrianMcKay like this.
  19. Alf_flash Apr 26, 2017

Thank you for your kind words.

Sculler22 likes this.
  20. omegasaso12 Apr 26, 2017

I was you I would take this watch to omega service center and tell them that failure is not an option :).

Take pictures befor you give it to them and tell them that so they will be extra carefull.

If you have to give instruction to your watchmaker how to open a watch then he is not your best choice.

If I see correctly hand did not just fall off staff but its also has a broken staff, so there will be some more delicate work here (dial and all hands need to be taken off to change hour counter wheel).

BrianMcKay and Foo2rama like this.