Posts 401 Likes 178 DManzaluni ·Oct 16, 2019 I just picked up this rather nice early chrono and suddenly noticed the rope logo on the dial. D Does anyone know whether it is significant and/ or what it means?
Posts 15,931 Likes 47,826 Canuck ·Oct 16, 2019 I have no answer, but there might be a clue in the attached.
Posts 491 Likes 2,131 zoohannover ·Oct 16, 2019 As seen here: https://omegaforums.net/threads/compax-w-fishermans-knot-logo.31747/ The logo on a Zenith here: https://watchesbysjx.com/2017/04/a-...guing-from-phillips-geneva-watch-auction.html Edited: Oct 16, 2019
Posts 401 Likes 178 DManzaluni ·Oct 16, 2019 That was my first thought, naval and/or military, but I thought there might be a bit more documentation/certainty on this.
Posts 13,905 Likes 54,078 Larry S ·Oct 16, 2019·Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Lovely watch! Pusher at 6 right?
Posts 401 Likes 178 DManzaluni ·Oct 16, 2019 Yes, thats the one! I got it with an equally beautiful IWC. Not sure why there IS a Universal, Zenith & PP forum (and the obligatory Rolex one) but nothing for IWC?
Posts 13,624 Likes 18,978 gatorcpa ·Oct 16, 2019·ΩF InvestiGator My guess is a logo for either a retailer or a company presentation. Is there any engraving on the back of the watch? gatorcpa
Posts 1,441 Likes 11,971 chronoboy64 ·Oct 16, 2019 I have no idea but I want to say it is a beautiful piece and thanks for sharing 👍
Posts 401 Likes 178 DManzaluni ·Oct 16, 2019 No. I cant imagine any company having that generic a logo in the 1920s?? Thank you for the compliment, by the way, if anyone is interested, it is 39mm!
Posts 3,677 Likes 8,482 bgrisso ·Oct 16, 2019 its called a savoy knot, you can search the UG forum and get some hits, here's a quote from @MMMD ......per our sage UG forum founder, the "Savoy Knot" is just a UG trademark of the '20s-'30s.
Posts 300 Likes 1,255 Omega world ·Oct 16, 2019 I confirm,Savoy Knot, a legend says that this marks are for the Italian Marine's officials chronographs up till the beginning of the WW2... Edited: Oct 16, 2019
Posts 3,444 Likes 35,181 Duracuir1 ·Feb 18, 2020·Never Used A Kodak I have posted this one before... but why not show it again... Looks like crap, but works just fine.
Posts 970 Likes 4,490 lindo ·Feb 18, 2020 Always something interesting on this forum... Thanks for posting this.
Posts 1,993 Likes 3,575 CaptainWinsor ·Feb 18, 2020 Perret & Berthoud SA before they became Universal. mikrolisk.de. search knot perhaps they were into hemp byproducts
Posts 5,076 Likes 15,712 DaveK ·Feb 19, 2020 CaptainWinsor Perret & Berthoud SA before they became Universal. mikrolisk.de. search knot perhaps they were into hemp byproducts Did someone say hemp?