Forums Latest Members

Sick of authorised dealer rip off

1. vigilantecat Mar 6, 2012

Hi all, i'm looking to buy a new seamaster 300m chronometer. I'm sick of all these idiot authorised dealers carrying on with "sorry we don't offer any discounts as they devalue our timepieces" CRAP. Does anyone know of a decent AD near Brisbane that offers sensible discounts?

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2012

This is the new ceramic Seamaster Pro 300M you're after right? In Brisbane you've got Omega Boutique on Queen St which is actually Hardy Brothers, which is in turn Wallace Bishop, and they're not going to discount anything really. There's a duty free store in the Brisbane CBD but I've never bought from them. For new Omegas the no discounting is being pretty heavily enforced, the flip side is that the resale value on these new pieces is at least for the moment rock solid.

3. a1watch Mar 6, 2012

just look at it as ....if it were cheap, anybody could have one....

4. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Mar 8, 2012

I recently was offered more than 25% off an 8k watch at an AD ... not an Omega, but this AD also stocks them. msg me if youd like the details

5. bio Mar 8, 2012

On some brands, the dealer around my area, offers as much as 50%. But then again that's only valid on certain watches from Maurice Lacroix and Raymond Weil. When its comes to Omega, I've found it difficult to manage anything over 20%

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 9, 2012

Raymond Weil value sinks like a rock

7. a1watch Mar 9, 2012

Since we're talking about discounts and such, just want to put a thought on the table...Don't get me wrong I always try to get a good buy on things but have no problem paying for an item if I feel it is worth the price.. ....................................BUT, If say a 10,000.00 watch is always available for 25 % off it would always be a 7500.00 watch and thus would devalue the brand. Sorta like the Invictas at here's a 2000.00 watch but if you buy it now you can get it for 199.95 and I have no problem with those type brands but it is still a 199.95 watch, I don't care what the suggested list is.....Just my opinion