Forums Latest Members

Show us your custom straps for curved spring bars

1. R3D9 Jun 30, 2017

My recently acquired Explorer 214270, like my beloved Speedy Pro, is a total strap monster.

Unfortunately, the Explorer is proving to be a strap monster in both a good (looks amazing on seemingly anything) and bad (destroys most straps that are attached to it) way :rolleyes:

The issue is that the lug holes are located quite close to the case, so straps rub up directly against the case. Not a problem on its own, but the wrinkle is that the case has an edge nearly as sharp as a razor blade, which, quite literally, scalps the top portion of any strap attached.

My understanding is that the Explorer is not the only watch that damages standard straps in this way.

Would those of you that have had custom straps with curved ends designed for curved spring bars kindly share some photos and let us know where you purchased them.

Cheers!

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 30, 2017

3. alam Jun 30, 2017

I have one Everest earmarked for my E1... but not in place yet...

:)

IMG_4732.JPG
    R3D9 likes this.
  4. R3D9 Jun 30, 2017

Sorry... I should have mentioned Everest in my initial post. I like their rubber bracelets for the Submariner quite a bit, but I didn't immediately fall in love with their designs when fitted on the Explorer.

They don't have many examples of their straps on an Explorer on their site or Instagram...

Seeing the pic from @alam my opinion is changing.

alam likes this.
  5. NT931 Jul 1, 2017

I've had 2 curved-end straps for my JLCs done by Hughes Handcrafted in Singapore, pics here. From Germany, I've also done one from Dangerous9 straps for my FPJ, pics here. Both did excellent work; in fact I was in Hughes' workshop just yesterday making another strap.

I think Camille Fournet and ABP Paris will also do custom curved straps for you.

R3D9 likes this.
  6. R3D9 Jul 1, 2017

I can't thank you enough. This is exactly what I was looking for!

That Chronometre Blue is quite literally the end of the collecting line for me. Wonderful watches and strap combos.

Cheers and thanks again!

NT931 likes this.
  7. NT931 Jul 1, 2017

You're welcome @R3D9! One more I forgot to mention - Combat Straps. I had wanted to make a strap with them, but we couldn't work out how to send croc/gator straps to Singapore without violating CITES rules, so my strap could not be made. Aaron from Combat Straps was very professional and friendly in communications however.

R3D9 likes this.