Show us your 2577 Omega Seamaster (and a little introduction to the reference)

Posts
300
Likes
471
@Jim S. to provide some clarity, we can spot an omega enthusiast picture from a mile away. I would never doubt any of his pieces in terms of it being legit or not, I’ve never seen a questionable piece on his site.

He is extremely overpriced (you can DM him on Instagram to negotiate, he is very flexible) but even still you will over pay. There are pros to this, as you know you have a legit piece in good shape, he provides a 1 year warranty, and lifetime servicing for $100 plus the price of postage.

The cons are you are likely paying double than what you would pay if you are patient to find another example.
 
Posts
3
Likes
3
Thanks for the replies. I researched and had seen that the rap on him was that he is overpriced, but legit. Being less of an expert, I was willing to pay extra for peace of mind...but maybe not double. I'll see what I can do about negotiating. If that doesn't work, I'll participate around here more and eventually get into the Private Sales forum.
 
Posts
9
Likes
3
最近、フォーラムに入れていただきましたヒロシです。
以前から、こちらのスレッドは大変興味深く、楽しく拝見しています。
やっと私も1952年製2577(1363****)を購入できたので、皆さんに見て頂きたいと思いアップします。
このシーマスター、ダイヤルはオリジナル状態だと思いますが、リューズは交換されているようです。また、尾錠は時計購入後にオークションで手に入れました。
また、時計の感想など頂ければ嬉しいです。どうぞよろしくお願いします。

 
Posts
9
Likes
3
先程の投稿で文章が欠落していますので、付け加えます。
本時計は 2577 と 2520 が裏蓋内側に併記された1952年製(1363****) のシーマスターです。
最近、やっと手に入れた私にとって初ビンテージオメガです。
さて、この尾錠はかなり後のものと思いますが、いつ頃の物かわかる方がいれば教えて頂けると嬉しいです。どうぞよろしくお願いします。
 
Posts
9,229
Likes
76,850
Hi Hiroshi, and welcome to OF.
As this is an English language forum, perhaps you could post in English.
Nice watch by the wat
 
Posts
9
Likes
3
Hi Hiroshi, and welcome to OF.
As this is an English language forum, perhaps you could post in English.
Nice watch by the wat
Thank you for your message.
I tried using Google Translate to post, but it seems it didn't work properly. I'm sorry.
 
Posts
3,577
Likes
13,519
Nice one! Solid gold 2577s aren’t all too common. Looks fine really - the buckle should be late 60s / 70s. I believe one example you‘d be looking for to go period correct is this one:

 
Posts
9
Likes
3
Nice one! Solid gold 2577s aren’t all too common. Looks fine really - the buckle should be late 60s / 70s. I believe one example you‘d be looking for to go period correct is this one:

Thank you for your message.

That's a very nice buckle. It's definitely the best one for the 1950s. I hope to find one someday and get my hands on one.
 
Posts
9
Likes
3
Thank you for your message.

That's a very nice buckle. It's definitely the best one for the 1950s. I hope to find one someday and get my hands on one.
Nice one! Solid gold 2577s aren’t all too common. Looks fine really - the buckle should be late 60s / 70s. I believe one example you‘d be looking for to go period correct is this one:

I have a question regarding this 2577 model. What are the materials of the various parts on the dial, such as the Omega logo, indices, and Arabic numerals? Are they gold-plated or GF (Gold Crystal)? Also, although I don't think it's original, I would appreciate it if you could tell me the material of the crown as well. Thank you in advance.
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,978
On your watch, the dial markers would be solid 18K gold. Generally, the markers are hollow with small gold pins that are soldered into the dial.

Crowns can be gold filled or gold capped (thicker gold). They will wear through after a number of years and are designed to be replaced.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa
 
Posts
9
Likes
3
On your watch, the dial markers would be solid 18K gold. Generally, the markers are hollow with small gold pins that are soldered into the dial.

Crowns can be gold filled or gold capped (thicker gold). They will wear through after a number of years and are designed to be replaced.

Hope this helps,
gatorcpa
Thank you for your guidance. It will be a learning experience. Considering that the crown is a consumable part, it can't be solid gold. By the way, it is a part on the dial such as the Ω mark, but it is surprising that it is 18K compared to the 14K of the main body case.😲
 
Posts
13,624
Likes
18,978
By the way, it is a part on the dial such as the Ω mark, but it is surprising that it is 18K compared to the 14K of the main body case.😲
Not surprising at all. All dials on these older Seamasters were made the same way and no one knew which dial was destined for which watch. Even the steel watches had solid gold dial markers back then.

There is so little gold in the markers that the cost differential between 14K and 18K gold was minimal.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
9
Likes
3
Not surprising at all. All dials on these older Seamasters were made the same way and no one knew which dial was destined for which watch. Even the steel watches had solid gold dial markers back then.

There is so little gold in the markers that the cost differential between 14K and 18K gold was minimal.
gatorcpa
I see! That makes me feel like I've gotten a good deal.
Thank you for letting me know.
 
Posts
1,012
Likes
4,079
@MtV I just came across this uncommon dial pattern on a Ref. 2577.

I finally found your example, which has the same dial pattern as my 2638 and also features the dotted minute markers.