Forums Latest Members

Should I Sell or Keep ? AT 2503.33.00

1. maestro Nov 14, 2017

I don't really wear it that much (due to nature of my work and other watches in the collection) so am thinking about finding it a new owner that will treasure it -- but yet I just can't bring myself to sell it everytime I look at those blue hands! What should I do?

IMG_20171102_150022.jpg
    Rodmar likes this.
  2. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Nov 14, 2017

3. ac106 Nov 14, 2017

He didn’t get any offers the first time he did a backdoor sales post so what else was he supposed to do?

ffej4, citizenrich, Rodmar and 3 others like this.
  4. MikeMan2727 Nov 14, 2017

Keep it, ask again in 12 days :D

5. maestro Nov 14, 2017

@Taddyangle: I couldn't find my previous post for some reason, so posted again - bad form probably. Just read through the posts though (thanks for the link), seems a bit split on opinions

@ac106: that's not the case -- appreciate if you didn't assume or make false accusations. Not soliciting (for offers) nor have received any.

@MikeMan2727: it's been on my mind for a few months, maybe I'm just too indecisive?

6. ac106 Nov 14, 2017

I shall assume anything I wish sir!

Rodmar and efauser like this.
  7. maestro Nov 14, 2017

Certainly, this is the internet, you can do just about anything you like. I'm simply suggesting for decorum.

8. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Nov 14, 2017

Interesting that you not only started this thread, once the original was linked, you posted there, too, bumping it to the top. And we're supposed to believe this isn't an attempt to sell the watch and skirt the board rules? We're not a bunch of rubes, which is unfortunate for you.

Rodmar likes this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 14, 2017

You can't decide if you are indecisive? :D

ffej4, citizenrich, Archer and 3 others like this.
  10. maestro Nov 14, 2017

It was after I started this new thread that @Taddyangle happened to post the link to my previous thread -- which I then followed and responded to a few replies.

I simply made a second post as I wasn't able to find the original one (perhaps I'm cross-eyed, but anyway).

As I said clearly, this isn't some ruse to sell a watch. Whether you believe it is up to you. Maybe I'm being naive, but I would have thought it be nice for people to give the benefit of the doubt - or at least ask - rather than jump down their throats at the hint that something underhanded is being done.

Anyway, probably what I've said isn't going to change your mind; a good day to you sir.

11. cvera Nov 14, 2017

If you find a buyer and you're thinking about selling it more than once in a while, sell it.

The watch I wear day to day I wouldn't sell to any buyer unless I was in an emergency situation that required selling.

sdre likes this.
  12. Davidt Nov 15, 2017

I never understand these threads asking random people on the internet if you should sell your watch. Out of all of us, who is best placed to decide how much a person a) likes any given watch and b) how much they may need the money.

So, do you like your watch? If yes, don't sell, unless of course you need the money.

Huus and sdre like this.
  13. sdre Nov 15, 2017

A more sensible approach to this imo, is you could do a SOTC, and perhaps ask for suggestions on which to move?

Because, sometimes you might have 5 divers and only 1 chronograph... then someone might suggest selling 2 divers and put some money into a nice dress/pilot watch. Stuff like that is alot more "Realistic".

This post sounds like you are trying to solicit a sale post imo.

Rodmar likes this.
  14. dialstatic Nov 15, 2017

Asked and answered (translation: sell)!

15. Rodmar Nov 15, 2017

I sure shouldn't spend the money right now but would I like this, sure.

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 15, 2017

In order to answer these threads (Which are becoming a regular occurrence)

I will now need full financial disclosure of all savings and assets coupled with your last 5 years employment history.

PM information if needed ;)

Nobel Prize likes this.
  17. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 16, 2017

Sell it.

18. Damo Nov 16, 2017

Love this, those blue hands are awesome.