Should I get this piece of junk for my next project?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134997846066
Screen Shot 2024-04-13 at 1.55.36 PM.png
From the same seller I got the 552 from? Looks like it may have decent rotor parts I am missing on the 505. With a crappy bonus case too.

I need
470 1400
470 1432
470 1437
470 1451

At an average of 35$USD each that would be 140$. Which would leave 60 for a case and crown.

I do not think I have ever done a tell me about my poor choice posting before?

I have 5 other similar projects on the bench. (and 19 landeron Chronograph plates with assorted parts)

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I think it’s just not worth the postage tbh.

IMG_9909.jpeg

That is a rather sad looking piece……. Better you than me,
Looks to be more trouble than it’s worth, however it’s alway nice to see someone with skill, grit and determination polish a turd until it becomes something that resembles an icecream cake! Though in will probably still taste like shit!

If you do decide to get this, here is an idea of how the movement might turn out
IMG_0631.jpeg
Edited:

IMG_4514.png

Night soil fertilizer.

I keep coming back to this POS watch. The thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/beyond-repair-calib-283.172941/ prompted me to pull the switch. I also wanted to take a photo with the candy sprinkles. I blame @Pastorbottle for this. That image is impossible not to unsee. I was also surprised how many were watching this, probably due to this thread.

This is a rusted up ca500 movement. I actually want the case for the even worse ca 505 movement I restored what was in worse condition than this. That one was missing 1/3 of the parts. I probably should have got this early on as there are usable parts on this. I probably spent the same as what this watch cost for those parts. The rotor axle seems to be in fair shape.

The stem looks rusted. I suspect there may be some serious under dial issues. The escape wheel is loose which was visible in the auction photographs. Tried to see if I could get the seller to shave off some of the price for that. No Go. In the end I figured that with the higher end parts watch, with case, this is it is technically complete. Nickel and diming the seller was not going to be productive.

The case is a GX 6267 Ross case, one of the few documented on the vintage Omega site. Does have service award engraving on the back. Dated 1959. Omega gives this as part of the US Collection, with a 1961 date.

IMG_4514.png

Night soil fertilizer.

I keep coming back to this POS watch. The thread https://omegaforums.net/threads/beyond-repair-calib-283.172941/ prompted me to pull the switch. I also wanted to take a photo with the candy sprinkles. I blame @Pastorbottle for this. That image is impossible not to unsee. I was also surprised how many were watching this, probably due to this thread.

This is a rusted up ca500 movement. I actually want the case for the even worse ca 505 movement I restored what was in worse condition than this. That one was missing 1/3 of the parts. I probably should have got this early on as there are usable parts on this. I probably spent the same as what this watch cost for those parts. The rotor axle seems to be in fair shape.

The stem looks rusted. I suspect there may be some serious under dial issues. The escape wheel is loose which was visible in the auction photographs. Tried to see if I could get the seller to shave off some of the price for that. No Go. In the end I figured that with the higher end parts watch, with case, this is it is technically complete. Nickel and diming the seller was not going to be productive.

The case is a GX 6267 Ross case, one of the few documented on the vintage Omega site. Does have service award engraving on the back. Dated 1959. Omega gives this as part of the US Collection, with a 1961 date.

I'm so pleased you found my post inspirational and it has left a lasting impression on you!
😁