Forums Latest Members
  1. river9 Apr 2, 2019

Hello
    Sorry for posting new question on the same thread.
    I once again need your help before pulling trigger. Added TODAY APR7th 2019 for indentification in last entry is a Deville Seamaster 18k solid gold I really love.
    And I would like to ask valuable OF members to help me
    Thank you in advance and nice weekend

——-/ initial question / ——
    Good morning valuable members of OF
    I found an Omega (ref...?) gold capped in apparently nice cosmetics for sale on local watch forum. Bevels case and lugs are sharp but on dial it seems to be some red flags (i.e font and postion are wonky)
    The watch is already SOLD so I can't do anything except from learning to spot the good one from a first glance.
    Could you confirm or deny my suspicions please.
    Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughs.
    Cheers

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edited Apr 7, 2019
  2. ConElPueblo Apr 2, 2019

I would call that a redial. Apart from the font being off there should only be two lines of text.

The case is very polished.

3. Edward53 Apr 2, 2019

It is a redial as stated above; the font is not quite right. But it is a much better redial than average and not easy to spot. The crown is a service replacement. It is the "correct" alternative for when it was replaced, but it is not the same as the crown the watch would originally have had. Add in the polished case, and you were lucky to miss that.

Waltesefalcon and river9 like this.
  4. aprax Apr 2, 2019

Apparently the redialler has been overly "MOY-aware" in this case. Must be why he ran into the spacing problem with the "LY" in officially.

Waltesefalcon, river9 and Edward53 like this.
  5. river9 Apr 2, 2019

Thank everyone for your insigh. Now I notice the service crown and bevel sharpness. Its not easy for me to discern but with your help I from now on will pay more attention on these details. Thank you again

6. river9 Apr 7, 2019

Hello again. This concerns another Omega
    First of all I would like to thank you for your comment on a gold plated semaster which some of you have had commented (redial on semaster gold plated)
    I am back with another solid gold Omega which is said NOS. I am seriously considering to buy F2F that one for nearly 2.5K USD from local seller. This is a huge amount but I really like this semaster 18k solid gold cal 562 (I should obtain serial before posting here but seller is not available right now on the phone)
    Before I go forward with seller I would like to share my concerns about the dial. I have one photo of that dial attached below.
    What do you think please.
    Thank you valuable OF members.
    Nice weekend

DC94F134-5A5B-4EB5-9A21-96C165B2711B.jpeg
  7. IanS Apr 7, 2019

The dial is fine.

The watch is NOT New Old Stock / NOS. It is in very good condition though.

connieseamaster, river9 and apsm100 like this.
  8. river9 Apr 7, 2019

Took in account the watch conditions. Thank you very much @IanS

9. Vanallard Apr 8, 2019

You can find an 18k SMD in excellent condition in the $1.5-2k range. If it doesn’t have a Hippocampus on the back, I definitely wouldn’t go higher than $1.5K.

river9 and marco like this.
  10. river9 Apr 8, 2019

Thank for your input especially concerning price range. I initially though 2,5k for a SMD in NOS condition was a fair offer but now I wouldn't say that.
    Below is the case back with Hippocampus BUT the watch is definitely NOT new old stock based on the second photo.
    BYW this is the first time I noticed “waterproof” wording on the outside of SMD monocoque. Is this wording common on one-piece SMD case?

1BFA3A1D-3DEF-48F3-AC27-98B8251BDBE1.jpeg
  11. connieseamaster Apr 8, 2019

I have seen it on other cases, but the photo seems to suggest that the area might have been polished at some point?

12. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2019

Show us 18k hallmarks please.

river9 likes this.
  13. river9 Apr 8, 2019

Morning Sir
    I would like to ask this but since now I am very reluctant to buy this SMD from local (Camau - Vietnam) seller it will not be easy to ask this question. Sorry for that
    PS: I am Vietnamese living in Saigon
    Cheers

14. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Apr 8, 2019

Are you buying from Ma Thanh? :D

15. river9 Apr 8, 2019

No Sir
    I don’t think so. The offer came from a guy states he’s living in Dam Doi District Ca Mau province on “phodongho”.
    I knew Ma Thanh has some nice stuffs but never had any deal with him. Someday maybe.
    Yours

hoipolloi likes this.
  16. Edward53 Apr 9, 2019

@river9 Keep going and don't be discouraged by difficulties on the way. You will get there and it will be worth the effort!

river9 likes this.