Forums Latest Members
  1. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 31, 2015

How are most peoples experience with shipping watches from the United States out of country? Has anyone had any trouble shipping to Australia? Does customs hold up watches for long lengths at a time.
    Thanks guys

2. rhetoric Mar 31, 2015

No, I've only found hold-up's sending to the US from Aus. Mainly in their Customs clearance. Last one from US to Tassie 2 months ago - straight through Customs. :thumbsup:

Frunkinator likes this.
  3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 31, 2015

I don't want to alert Au551e Cu5t0m5, but I have never been pinged for duties/charges etc.

All of my watches just come straight from the seller direct to my mailbox.

Sh*t!

Hope I haven't jinxed my run of luck.

4. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 31, 2015

Hmm Ok. And have you heard of Ozforex? This concerns a pending sale and when I asked if they would use PayPal is mentioned this other company I never heard of. Is PayPal in Australia?

5. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 31, 2015

If declared over $1000 requires a Full Import Declaration ;)

PM me if you want more info :coffee:

6. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Mar 31, 2015

I don't have much experience shipping.

I've had (2) watches go missing because I didn't know any better to use tracking. I'm in the US and I used a flat rate box. (24 bucks).

One of the watches was for Jim (JiminOz) in Australia. I feel like a real shitheel because it was a "gift" and I guess some dirtbag decided to gift it to him/herself?

The other watch went to Thailand. Must have wound up in the same place. I hate fcuking thieves.

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 31, 2015

8. lenny Mar 31, 2015

I've shipped all over the world including Australia. My rule of thumb is USPS priority international (reliable tracking) plus third party insurance. Of course USPS will gladly sell you insurance - but it won't cover watches!

You can't control the length of time it will be in customs, so there's no point worrying about it.

9. Hijak Mar 31, 2015

Agree with Lenny, I send and prefer to receive all my watches USPS priority, for same reasons. Haven't seen any customs fees either.

10. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock Mar 31, 2015

Thanks everyone, seems like Aussie shipping shouldn't be too bad. Only problem now is this guy is stuck on using Ozforex, which I don't want to create an account for. If not one thing, it's another (sigh)

11. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead Mar 31, 2015

Luckily for me I bought a watch from this forum from a great guy on here Waynepjr and he certainly knows his stuff about international posting. Since then he is my guy for posting and to be honest I buy through him now. There is a few good guys on here you have to trust them and their knowledge, they also can narrow your chances of getting stung with shipping duties if they are smart enough too.
    Oh and from USA to the UK it goes like this, it takes one week to reach my fair shores. Then about three weeks for the one legged postman to hop his way to my house with lots of cig and tea breaks along the way.

12. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Mar 31, 2015

I'm currently tracking a package I bought from New York. It took 4 days to cross NY before it went "airside" and arrived in London in the early hours of this morning. The Post Office showed it as dispatched within a couple of hours.