She's a bit rough, but she's mine... 168.004

I've had a bit of luck recently at a local auction house & picked up a couple of nice watches,

Last week I spotted a nice old Omega Constellation 168.004, I'm not too well versed on these things had a quick scoured around the internet, the prices were quite varied, but settled on a price I was happy with and popped in an absentee bid.
They're not big on watches, but the single online auction picture kept drawing me back, so I added another £50 on my absentee bid, just in case... and I won it, my 1st vintage Omega.

It seems to work ok, 1966 serial, the bracelet is far too short for me, but its was just under £500 inc. all fees.
She needs a bit of love and an extra link or 3 in the bracelet, I'll need to find somewhere in the South East that give it a sympathetic clean and service the movement.

Looks like it was looked after in the past with what I assume is service info scratched into the case back.
It feels like a plastic crystal, which I assume is normal.

ds_oc_front.jpg

ds_oc_openback.jpgds_oc_back.jpg
ds_oc_backstrap.jpg ds_oc_clasp.jpg ds_oc_claspopen-omg.jpg os_oc_caseback.jpg

Like 11
Congrats! Should clean up nicely.

Like 2
These are a great starting point, decent water resistance and durability with Cal 56x movements, hard to go wrong. It'll be a pretty watch once the layer of filth is removed, decently sharp so best to leave unpolished too.

Like 1
Good find and starting point to get into this style of watches.

Like 1
Starting point?
Some would be happy to consider these Constellations both the alpha and the omega. ;)

Congratulations @DementedSmurf
A very nice watch at a very good price. :thumbsup:

Like 3