Forums Latest Members

Sharing a recent acquisition... Looking for enlightenment..

1. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Dec 8, 2016

Large really large for a watch of its type and era 41.5mm lug to lug 27mm wide (excluding crown) 29.5mm (inclusive)

Larry S and alam like this.
  2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Dec 8, 2016

[​IMG]
    Nerd fight!

aap, FullyWound and ulackfocus like this.
  3. Interstatetime Jan 1, 2017

I hate to get into this "Nerd Fight" (not really) but in the spirit of the new year, and being a nerd, I think I will.

I have probably been seriously collecting watches for as long or longer than anybody on this forum. I have bought and sold thousands (not even a slight exaggeration) of watches and have at times owned more than a thousand working mechanical watches. I guess I am a "n00b" because I might have bought a watch like this without knowing much about it. As an experienced collector I would not have known what it was brand wise but I would have known that it had quite a few things going for it. If the price had been right...why not? (Maybe the same criteria this buyer had?)

Ulackfocus, I have enjoyed my interactions with you on this board and hope to continue to do so...so Happy New Year. As an experienced collector I learn here just like any n00b would. As an experienced collector who has held lots of watches in his hands over just about 60 years of collecting or holding my fathers watches as a kid, I have learned at least one hard and fast truth...that is that I need to keep learning about watches and that I will always have a lot to learn. Some of what I have learned has been from observation but a lot has been from asking questions of other people with experience and knowledge.

Thanks to you and a lot of other learned and not so learned folk here for helping me continue to learn.

JohnCote
    Little Johnny Second Hand
    Knowledgeable/Noob/Nerd/Nobody

[​IMG]

Edited Jan 1, 2017
    Rodmar, jban, adam78 and 7 others like this.