Forums Latest Members

FS Shanghai Watch Co. Military Skindiver

1. lwong May 15, 2019

Hi folks,

Up for sale is a vintage 1970's skindiver made by Shanghai Watch Co., evidently issued to members of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (see https://thewatchforum.co.uk/index.php?/topic/54491-shanghai-military-re-issue/).

I say evidently because I wasn't aware of its military heritage when when I purchased the watch a couple years back. What I did appreciate at the time was the Chinese spin on the typical skindiver - adding on big lume hands and indices, plus an applied logo that loudly proclaims its heritage.

Asking US$1k shipped via bank transfer, with the vintage tropic that's pictured. Both watch and strap have been very sparingly worn, in view of rotation with other watches (which I tend to wear more frequently, if I can be honest). Price is firm as I'm asking for less than what the watch and strap cost me! No movement shots as I unfortunately haven't the tools to open the caseback, but it hasn't given me any problems and keeps time in the period I've owned it. For a further smattering of wristshots you can visit my Instagram page (@wongcheok).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]