Forums Latest Members
  1. fzhu052 Jul 23, 2016

I've got a bumper coming in next week. Would like to get it serviced first. I talked with Nesbits and they gave me a very high quote. I read that the cost could be between $100 and $300 but I don't know whom to ask. Any recommendation?

2. Silver Bullet Jul 24, 2016

Tourbillon will often do it in site (unless it's a .321 or similar vintage), but have no idea what they charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 24, 2016

You won't get a bumper service for $100 or anywhere near it, an independent will do it for less than Omega but you get what you pay for, the most reputable independent shop there IIRC is Nesbit's but they're not cheap.

4. fzhu052 Jul 24, 2016

Nesbits quoted a 4-figure number!

5. Canuck Jul 24, 2016

John Runciman lives in Seattle. Unfortunately, I have no comtact information for him. He can be reached by private message on the NAWCC message board. Just use the SEARCH function and type in his name. This will take you to a thread (or numerous threads) he has posted in. Locate his name in the thread and send a PM. If he is unable to help, he'll know someone who can.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 24, 2016

As Nesbitt used to be an authorized Omega service center, although they no longer hold that status, they tend to keep their pricing as if they were still an authorized service facility for Omega. The number you were quoted it standard for a watch of that type at Omega or a service center - although technically all bumper movements must go back to Bienne if serviced by an authorized Omega service agent.

Although you can find less expensive alternatives, ideally you should find someone with a parts account who can get parts that might be needed for the watch. A $100 service is likely to do more damage than good...

Cheers, Al

7. fzhu052 Jul 24, 2016

Thanks all. As I just started the collection, my goal is to find someone local and reliable so I can build a long term relationship. I understand the $100 ads (as on eBay) is too good to be true. But I would like to have something like $200-$400. Al, we talked ten days ago and I really wanted to send the watch to you, but the Canada postal strike got in the way. :-(. Again, someone local would be best.

8. kurtj29 Jul 24, 2016

Try Arc Watchworks in Bellevue. I had the guy change out my hands on my Speedmaster. I spoke with the watch maker there - he seems to be up on all the Omega Training. Said he was certified by Omega to work on the new 9000 co-axial movements. They are really nice at the shop. I bet he would give you a straight answer on whether he could do it or not. Great guys.

9. fzhu052 Jul 24, 2016

Thanks. I work in Bellevue so will check him out next couple of days.