Forums Latest Members

SOLD SERVICED – 18k Rose/Pink Gold Vintage Omega Seamaster Beefy-Lug 14704

1. Caliber561 Nov 1, 2022

Up for grabs is this beautiful 18k rose/pink gold Omega Seamaster.
    alt angle 1.JPG

For those who don’t know, rose gold was seldom used in vintage watches, so while it is an absurdly overused word, I think this piece does merit being recognized as ‘rare.’ This particular reference uses a svelte evolution of the classic ‘beefy lug’ Seamaster case design, introduced with the line in 1948. It is one of the last versions of this case design used before the design and its variations were obsoleted in the 60s.

main alt.JPG

If you’re looking for a fine luxury watch, something subtle with a touch of opulence to elevate it a little, this may well do the trick for you.

main sans strap.JPG

Dial: The dial is finished with sunburst champagne and double batons at 12. The indices are lapped and faceted rose gold to match the case material, and inlaid with onyx. All minute markers are present, and all printing is original and period correct.
    top script.JPG
    The ‘coathanger’ Seamaster script is clear and crisp, with no parts missing. There’s also some light spotting present.
    SMscript.JPG

The back of the dial was stamped with “Z.J.” which stands for ZJ Flückiger & Fils. Fun fact, they were a family-owned company until recently, before being acquired by one of their clients – A small company by the name of Patek Philippe.

Case: The 18k rose gold case is in pretty good condition, and has been polished at some point. The original contours, like the bevels on the lugs, are mostly present, and the watch doesn’t appear to have been overpolished like so many other solid gold cases typically are.
    lug.JPG

Personally, I was surprised to find out that this case was actually rose gold – That detail wasn’t at all evident when I first purchased the watch. In hand though, the red luster is unmistakable.
    alt angle.JPG

As the watch is solid 18k rose gold, there is no corrosion on the case. The gasket has been replaced with a lubricated O-ring. Since the watch is a screw-thread model, it has more mass to it than its snap-back contemporaries, and as such, has decent weight to it despite its 34mm diameter.
    case angle.JPG

The caseback is decorated with perlage, and has all the correct markings.
    caseback engraving.JPG

The Seamaster medallion is present, and without any personalizations around the perimeter.
    medallion.JPG

Crown: The crown is the correct scalloped design for this reference, but it is quite worn down. The logo isn't visible.
    Crystal: The crystal is an aftermarket high dome crystal. It’s clean and in good condition.

Movement: The movement is a 1962 Omega 552. All functions are working properly, and the watch is keeping time very well, approximately +4-6/s a day, though YMMV. Amplitude is a solid 280. It’s in decent condition and is not missing any parts.
    movt 1.JPG movt 0.JPG Movt.JPG

Price: Asking $1875 shipped CONUS, Paypal F&F, Zelle, Venmo, or Bank Wire accepted. Watch head only, straps used only for photos. Message me for international shipping. Please no returns unless terribly misrepresented.

I think I only have one or two OF references, but I am a pretty active member of the community. Been shifting around my collection for a couple months and haven’t had any complaints thus far.

Closing picture for the thread!
    main.JPG

Flatfoot, RevZMan123, Syrte and 39 others like this.
  2. bananapeanut Nov 2, 2022

Gorgeous!

Edited Nov 2, 2022
  3. akshayluc420 Nov 3, 2022

Bump, be still my heart!

Caliber561 and YYTIN like this.
  4. janice&fred Nov 3, 2022

Absolutely gorgeous and rare piece! I particularly like your nostalgic photos depicting the 50's style advertisements where the bands are gently rolled over. Brilliant :thumbsup:

5. Tubber Nov 3, 2022

If it wasn't for the fact Customs would have me over a barrel I would have that, beautiful, but..............bump anyway.

6. gbesq Nov 3, 2022

Must resist. Must resist. ::love::::love::::love::

Edited Nov 3, 2022
    wrog, Duracuir1, Caliber561 and 4 others like this.
  7. Caliber561 Nov 5, 2022

Thanks everyone! The watch is still available at the moment, so I'd like to give it a quick weekend bump :thumbsup: