Forums Latest Members

Service Recommendations: SMP 300m 2531.80

1. zagato125 Jul 7, 2020

Hello everyone:

First thread here, long time watch guy and lover of Omega. I know it's a bit cliché but you know, another Bond fan that got hooked on Omega after Goldeneye.

For one of my quarter life birthdays, I decided to finally get a watch I had long lurked for... a 2531.80.

I love the damn thing, one of the most comfortable and versatile watches I have had thus far.

I bought it second hand from Crown and Caliber for what I think was a good price and 0% financing that I was able to pay off quickly.

Not too long ago, I noticed it was losing some time and that the rotor was becoming noisy. As any second hand purchase, the service history is unknown. Instead of sending it to C&C for a service that can take up to 3 months according to them, I reached out to my watchmaker of choice. With due credit and his entire right, he declined to service it due to the restrictions on Omega parts which I totally understand.

I am a long time member of Watchuseek and have read not-so-good experiences with the Service Centers, from replacing parts that were not requested to be changed (like changing the original clasp with a newer clasp without asking) or the watch being returned in worse condition than given to the center.

I was wondering if anyone could render any recommendations on a good watchmaker in the US to give my SMP the love it deserves. I'm looking to get a full overhaul and a waterproof test since I wear this watch to almost everywhere and everything.

[​IMG]

I thank you all in advance.

Turpinr and DJG2645 like this.
  2. RMA Jul 7, 2020

Phillip Ridley in AZ. He just relocated there from TX, the guy cured my never ending 16710 issue I had for the longest time and couldn’t be any happier with his work. Give him a shout.

zagato125 likes this.
  3. zagato125 Jul 14, 2020

Thank you very much!

RMA likes this.
  4. WatchTimes Jul 14, 2020

Isn't that Bill Ridley?

5. killer67 Jul 14, 2020

Bill is his dad

RMA likes this.
  6. Jolsongoude Jul 15, 2020

I feel your pain. After reading about the seemingly variable service from SwatchUSA, and after my own terrible experience sending my old Heuer 980.007 to LVMH, I just kept putting off service for my 2503.33.00 until it started losing time and occasionally stopping.

Somehow, I found out about Official Time Watch in SLC. I was unable to find a single less-than-favorable review anywhere, so I took a chance. I called, and they verified that they authorized to get OMEGA parts. The watch was gone for a total of four weeks, and they kept me informed at each step. When he had had disassembled the watch, Leo the watchmaker called and explained exactly what was needed parts-wise (new escape wheel and crystal gasket) and how everything else looked.

I got the watch back a few days ago, and am completely satisfied. The watch looks, winds and runs like brand new. I never would have believed that a watch with 10+ years of daily use could actually look like new, but it does. I put a leather band on it to keep the bracelet looking like new while I decide if I'm going to keep it or not. I'd recommend OTW to any OMEGA owner for service.

IMG_20200715_124456.jpg
  7. DIV Jul 19, 2020

I would highly recommend Nesbit’s here in Seattle.