Forums Latest Members
  1. KE0BVT Sep 6, 2017

Good evening, everyone!

Lately my 1974 Speedmaster 145.022 has been changing how well it keeps time, so I think it's finally ready for a service.

I bought the watch a little over a year ago, and its service history is unknown, but it's been keeping very consistent time, losing between ten and 17 seconds per day for many months (usually kept 12-up overnight). Lately I had a couple of weekends away where the watch wound down and stopped, and when I started it again, its rate changed.

The first stoppage, it then started being almost perfect, losing or gaining just a couple of seconds per day (best kept dial down) for a couple of weeks. After the second stoppage, though, it's been gaining anywhere from 18 to 45 seconds per day.

Does anyone know a good place in the Midwest to take the watch for a servicing? I've looked at local AWCI-certified people near me and there aren't a ton of options in Iowa. I'd rather send it to someone who regularly works on Omegas (especially since the service history is unknown).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

20160706_133721.jpg

2. blunosr Sep 7, 2017

I am not an expert and these are only my personal experiences but,
    years ago I had Father Time in Chicago do work on my 69ST Speedmaster and my Seamaster (1956). I had a good experience with them.

http://fathertimeantiques.com/

More recently I had an antique Whitnauer serviced at Swiss Watch in Lagrange Illinois and had a good experience with them. They claim to do a lot of Omega work.

http://www.swissservice.com/

Not super close to Iowa but it's all I got.
    Kurt

3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 7, 2017

MJ Watch Service -
    I've heard good things about Swiss Watch Service.

I have had good experience with Father Time but switched to MJ because FT is simply too expensive. MJ can service any watch. Check them out on line. They are my go to.

Edited Apr 9, 2018
  4. KE0BVT Sep 7, 2017

Thank you both! I'll definitely have to look into those. I figured Chicago and that area would have some options, so maybe I'll get an estimate of cost and time from each while I keep looking a little closer to home.

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 7, 2017

MJ has been averaging $400 and these have been Vintage Longines and UG chronographs. I'd guess $4-600.