Forums Latest Members
  1. CubanSandwich Dec 6, 2019

I’ve got a Seamaster that I had serviced by an independent watch guy. After a few years the crown doesn’t screw all the way in but otherwise ran fine (I haven’t worn the watch in three years). I want to send the watch to Omega to have it serviced/repaired. Does Omega penalize you with additional charges if they see the watch was serviced by an independent watch guy?

2. 03Hemi Dec 6, 2019

What kind of Cuban sandwich would go well with a Cuban cigar? IMG_0952.JPG

Rochete, WatchCor and CubanSandwich like this.
  3. kkt Dec 6, 2019

No, Omega won't charge you more because it was serviced by an independent, but they charge considerably higher rates than independents do. Also Omega does not respect vintage watches - polishing and swapping parts even when there's no need to. If you don't trust the independent you went to before, I'd suggest posting your location and looking for suggestions of a good watchmaker in your area.

noelekal likes this.
  4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Dec 6, 2019

Not to my knowledge, assuming that the watch is not under warranty. If an non-Omega shop works on it during the warranty period, the balance of the warranty would likely be voided.
    gatorcpa

5. Walrus Dec 6, 2019

Anything with ham in it

03Hemi and CubanSandwich like this.
  6. CubanSandwich Dec 6, 2019

A classic Cuban sandwich of course! Cuban bread, ham, roast pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard! A Cuban Medianoche sandwich is a good choice too. Buen provecho!

Rochete, 03Hemi and noelekal like this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 6, 2019

Considering Omega sells parts to qualified independent watchmakers (providing them brand specific training also), it would seem counterproductive to also penalize people for using them.

They simply service it and replace what needs replacing, just as an independent would do. So you can send it to Omega, but in the end there's no specific reason to.

Cheers, Al

8. CubanSandwich Dec 9, 2019

Thanks Al. I thought Omega (Swatch Group) wasn't selling parts to independent watch makers anymore. How can I verify a watch makers certifications or qualifications other than reviews and word of mouth?

9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 9, 2019

Swatch never stopped selling parts to watchmakers - they stopped selling them to third party resellers of parts at the end of 2015...I continue to buy parts directly from Swatch...

The best way to find out if someone has a parts account is to ask them.

Cheers, Al