Forums Latest Members
  1. AdePazos Nov 11, 2017

Hello, I'm from Uruguay. This is my first time posting in this forum, although I've been reading it since some time. Next week there will be an auction in one of the most prestigeous auction houses here. There's an "Omega" listed to be auctioned. However, I have serious doubt about it's authenticity. Im linking the Auction House's site here (http://www.castells.com.uy/lote/60425/) where you can find a good photograph of it. I went to the exhibition in order to examinate it. What makes me suspicious is the jewell count. As I've read in this forum, there should never be a jewell count marked on the dial. Moreover, and despite the fact that I'm not, by any means, an Omega connoisseur, I think there are not any Omega with 25 jewells. I've seen them with 23, 17, and so on. But never with 25. I invoke all your knwoledge and wisdom to help me. I'm 19 years old and this would be my first auction, so I want to be completely sure that it is worth it. Thank you very much.

2. MaiLollo Nov 11, 2017

Hello!
    I'm not an expert on these 40's Omegas, but this is certainly a redial (and a very bad one). It could be worth buying if the movement is correct and you could find a correct dial, but from what you've written I would suggest you to not go near this watch. It will cause trouble.
    Take the time to learn and find a better watch! In a few months' time you won't believe that you considered this watch ;)

3. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Nov 11, 2017

That watch would not be a good start to your collection. Be patient.