Forums Latest Members

Serious And Down-right Insulting!

1. seamonster Respectable Member Oct 16, 2012

2. MyVintageOmega Oct 16, 2012

First glance I''am not sure how I feel about that.....but ahhhhhhhh the on growing growth pains of ebay. I imagine there will be many many changes to policy and practices in regard to ebays formats between seller and buyer. More bonds and less binds I say!

3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 16, 2012

This is the same issue as the ban on Importing ANY Rolex, new or used, into the US. I'm similarly torn, as someone who is legally trained.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 24, 2012

Respectible Member Seamonster -

I'm not clear on your objection with eBay. Should they not be helping someone who owns legal copies of books in the US sell those items second-hand?

Or are you more upset with the US government's policy regarding copyright protection?

By the way, this action by our government is the logical conclusion of the Omega v. Costco case that was punted by a deadlocked Supreme Court a couple of years ago. More details from eBay here:

http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/news-...rce=ebay-us-newsletter&utm_medium=enewsletter

I think this gentleman did a very good job discussing some the issues in the Costco case in this video:

The discussion of the "First Sale Doctrine", which applies to books, starts at about 3:25 of the video.

I think we are of like mind on this, but I'm not sure,
    gatorcpa