Forums Latest Members

Sequent smartwatch - hoping this catches on

1. b-16707 Jul 17, 2017

2. Vitezi Jul 17, 2017

Jwit likes this.
  3. Jwit Not a doctor, but plays one on ΩF Jul 17, 2017

Frederique Constant has some watches like this. They also introduced a "smart buckle" for your strap instead of the whole watch.

4. AveConscientia Jul 17, 2017

Smart watches are dumb I wish they would die but alas

noelekal and Jwit like this.
  5. b-16707 Jul 18, 2017

thinking about this more, the tech even in these mechanical smartwatches would ultimately be outdated, thus making the entire watch outdated. Ok scratch this thread. Eyes on the prize for me: a new planet ocean =).

6. pault8084 Jul 18, 2017

I think this has potential. I owned an Apple Watch and then a Tag Connected 45 and did miss the Smart features at first. The Tag was quite glitchy and disappointed with it considering the cost. Until you can have a super quality screen always on with the battery lasting at least a few days or better still fully automatic then I will stick with mechanical watches.

7. rcs914 Jul 18, 2017

I make a habit of staring at people's wrists wherever I go, and I would say that 60%-75% of the people I see that are wearing any sort of watch are wearing a smart watch of some sort. And probably 2/3 of those are wearing Apple watches. It's kind of sad.

noelekal and AveConscientia like this.
  8. melanieux Aug 8, 2017

funded - over 1M$!

9. any4xx Aug 9, 2017

On the other hand, I have to say that I miss a lot of the features of my Apple Watch since going full-mechanical Omega a few months ago. I've put it on around the house a few times, but just love the mechanical aspect of my new "real" watches. I'd wear both if I could figure out how to do it without looking ridiculous. :-(

First World Problems, huh?

10. chanbar Sep 25, 2017

I funded the watch and should be taking delivery in December. I have been holding off on a smart watch since I like mechanical watches and thought this might be a good compromise. This will never replace my other watches though.

11. dialstatic Sep 25, 2017

Personally not too interested in the whole smart watch thing - I prefer my watches dumb - but this is not a bad looking watch in my opinion. Nice modern twist on the subdials.

mr_yossarian and chanbar like this.
  12. Timmert Sep 25, 2017

While I understand the advantages of having smart notifications on the wrist, I will not be wearing a smartwatch in its current form.
    I'm actually making attempts to be less connected, because it makes me more relaxed. When I listen to vinyl (not Spotify) on a free night, I purposefully leave my phone in a different room.
    I noticed that I too had gotten into the habit of filling every spare second with a look on that device, and it's not something I want to be doing.
    The smartwatch means even more constantly available info in plain sight, which is the main reason I don't want one.
    Besides the fact that I love mechanical watches ;)

13. b-16707 Sep 25, 2017

dang $1mil. Still has nothing on Filippo Loreti #puke.

14. ras47 Sep 26, 2017

Boy, did Apple ever miss the boat on this!! A self-winding smartwatch is quite the concept. While I have eschewed smartwatches for mechanical ones, this one may just strike the right balance for me and become an alternate watch for me.

b-16707 and chanbar like this.
  15. chanbar Sep 26, 2017

i felt the same and decided to jump in to check it out. got the SS one with white dial

16. b-16707 Sep 26, 2017

fully with you there. After Jobs passed, i've seen nothing but meh. How awesome would it be if they actually created a watch like this one: https://www.behance.net/gallery/14929833/Smartwatch-Concept. Maybe not a Triwa rip off but something round instead of a uninspiring black rectangle bubble. No offense to iwatch owners, thats just my take on it. Not looking to start an apple or not war.

alas even if smartwatch like this one look cool, im still going to stick with my dumb watches.