Forums Latest Members

Semaster 300 Master Co-Axial: Black Steel or Blue Titanium?!

1. LinsBarroso Feb 8, 2015

I've decided to buy the amazing new Omega Seamaster 300 Master Co-Axial, but I am not sure what would be the best option:
    The Black Edition closer to the original from 1957 or the lighter end more sophisticated Blue Titanium, but much more expensive??!!
    I need some help - please - to decide.

Seamaster300SS.jpg Seamaster300Ti.jpg
    Noisy Nova and VictorAlpha like this.
  2. ctime3 Feb 8, 2015

Titanium

Noisy Nova and JohnSteed like this.
  3. chunkythebulldog Feb 8, 2015

Black

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Feb 8, 2015

Black

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 8, 2015

Black steel

6. watchme First Owner - Omega Darkside Feb 8, 2015

titanium

BrianMcKay, Noisy Nova and JohnSteed like this.
  7. the future Feb 8, 2015

Black steel

8. destroid Feb 8, 2015

I've tried on both in the boutique. I would go with black as it is the "classic" look of the original reference.

The titanium is nice and lightweight, but the blue/brown of the dial and hour markers kind of clashes. The blue/white of the Planet Oceans in Ti looks much better in my opinion.

JohnSteed likes this.
  9. detroitMD Feb 8, 2015

I own the Blue Ti and think it lends more to the vintage appeal than the black. Besides being more comfortable, the blue dial/antique markers are far more unique than the black and add a natural swagger to the watch. White markers wouldn't work as nicely on this dial.

BrianMcKay and watchme like this.
  10. detroitMD Feb 8, 2015

The richness of the blue will change with the lighting anyways.

IMG_1181.JPG

11. jcmartinez98 Feb 8, 2015

for me, the light weight aspect of the titanium, in addition to the fact that I prefer the blue would lead me to easily choose the titanium over steel.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  12. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Feb 8, 2015

Blue Ti

13. toadwaker Feb 8, 2015

I'm a fan of the simplicity and reliability of black. You never know how that blue will act when you need it most.

14. ItsAboutTime Feb 8, 2015

depends on what you have. If you have another watch with a blue face then get the black one which is classic and timeless. If you do not yet have a watch with a blue face then get the blue one.

15. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Feb 8, 2015

I the residual value is of no concern, then buy whichever one does it for you. If you are concerned, buy the steel one.

16. detroitMD Feb 8, 2015

Really? Hahahahaha. This is getting good, so I have to ask.... In what situation would you be referring to?

BrianMcKay likes this.
  17. toadwaker Feb 8, 2015

Oh you know, like, if you were to ask me what color my watch is, I can go "black". But you ask a blue watch person what color their watch is and you never know what you'll get in response. "Deep sea blue" "Dark blue" "I don't know, some kind of blue" "A rich shade of twilight blue with a hint of melancholy" "What's it to you?"

I'm not entirely serious here :p

I do like plain black watches though :)

VictorAlpha, JohnSteed and Tiny Iota like this.
  18. detroitMD Feb 8, 2015

Or they could just reply with "Blue" and let the inquisitor rely on their own judgement to decide on what shade....50 shades of Blue? :)

I understand what you mean, not serious here either. Just having a little fun, it's the weekend after all!

19. toadwaker Feb 8, 2015

I saw a Dark Side of the Moon Omega watch at a Boutique yesterday, that watch looks so so pretty. For some reason I can't get into Speedmasters though, the amount of numbers and clutter all over the place got tiring for me.

I'm sure there are beautiful variants of blue watches out there, or any color for that matter. I'm enjoying my Sunday to the fullest :)

BrianMcKay likes this.
  20. megamon Feb 8, 2015

Titanium!

Being lightweight is a big plus, the blue is very elegant and you won't find too many shades of blue like this in other pieces. It's unique to me. Also, being in the kind of new era of titanium timepieces - having a well built re edition is tempting. As to its collectors value in the future I think the titanium would hold a better percentage.

Either way, you can't go wrong! Two stunning timepieces.
    Pics please once you decide!

Best,
    Pinzon

BrianMcKay likes this.