Seiko Tuna Marinemaster SBBN033

Seiko Tuna Marinemaster SBBN033 - I am thinking about buying a Seiko tuna for a long time. I love the design elements very bold and beautiful.

I didn’t buy one yet as my wrist is only 6.5 inches. Recently I came across a video that reviewed a street series Tuna, which is much smaller than the Tuna Marinemaster. Additionally, the presenter took the watch out of the shroud and that made the watch even smaller but not any less attractive in my opinion. So I am now torn between the Street Series and the Marinemaster Tunas.

If you own a Seiko Tuna Marinemaster SBBN033, I like to know your experience in wearing the watch without the shroud; dimensions of the watch without the shroud, and see some pictures.

hope I am not asking too much. Thank you.
BC07AE1D-F8B2-4212-87CB-5DBB35B8E162.jpeg

Like 2
Like 1
@Scarecrow Boat - wow you have answered most of my questions. I was curious about the finish under the shroud.
I cannot wear any of the Tunas with shroud, as my limit is 42mm like the Speedmaster.
The new street series Tuna is smaller than the Marine Master Tuna, but I am not a fan of quartz movement.
Thank you so much for responding so fast and to the point. Do you wear yor Tuna without the shroud at times?

I have a lot of Seiko Tunas but never wear them without the shroud, its the shroud which gives the Tuna its character.
I would try a 300m Tuna first before you decide that you cant wear it with the shroud. There are also many other designs of the 7C46 and the smaller 7C43, or even the older 7548 or smaller 6548. There are actually a lot of Seiko Quartz diver options if you are willing to look at the exciting range of older Seikos.

I do like the look of the SRPE31K1
Edited:

Like 1
Do you wear yor Tuna without the shroud at times?
I have a lot of Seiko Tunas but never wear them without the shroud, its the shroud which gives the Tuna its character.
My apologies, I don’t own a Tuna. I also believe the shroud is inherently part of the watch and gives it its distinct character. Having seen it without the shroud, something looks off. Without the shroud, the hardware that holds the shroud in place as well as the crown are just odd protrusions. The lugs are also awkward looking without the shroud. Personally, I feel like this is a watch you purchase accepting the size and quirky design charm or you look for something else, but that’s just my two cents :thumbsup:

Like 2
Buying a Tuna to wear without the shroud is fascinating. I'm still trying to wrap my hands around the concept of thinking that would be the way to go.