Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchTimes Aug 31, 2019

The Seiko Spacewalk!
    SPS005

Several years ago I was contact by someone overseas on Facebook who was looking for a Seiko Spacewalk.
    They were in a part of the world I had never been and in an area that just started to open to the rest of the world so I did not respond to his message right away as it was such a weird request, from an area unfamiliar to me (horologically and geographically). Anyway he contacted me again and my arrogance and cockiness kicked in! Of COURSE I can find this for you! (I had NO clue how I was going to accomplish this) but I told this man with utmost certainty its a challenge I can accomplish! I explained due to the uniqueness of the watch and limited market I would not be buying this till I was paid for it, he wanted to wire money right then. I said no as I had NO clue what to even ask as there were really no records of sale for it but I explained when I found it I would forward pics proving we can acquire the watch and the seller actually had the watch and at that point Id need to be wired. Well LOTS of emails, calls, etc and I found one in a few days! The deal went VERY smooth! These are some pics I took while the watch was in my possession and I have to admit I really regret selling it! It is an amazing watch, very unique! Someday perhaps I will find another at a time when I can justify it or easily sell a couple pieces to add one to my collection but I thought Id share these pics and my story of briefly having a Seiko Space Walk in my possession. I did not put it on out of respect for my client. Another move I kinda regret BUT would do the same today as I did then.

IMG_0332.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_1552.JPG IMG_0335_2.jpg IMG_0335.JPG

I know its not a dive watch but its unique enough I thought you guys might enjoy it!

2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 31, 2019

So just what is the price of that interesting looking thing?

WatchTimes likes this.
  3. Yak1 Aug 31, 2019

That looks amazing!

4. WatchTimes Aug 31, 2019

Retail was 28K
    There is a dealer online who is selling one asking 70K
    One sold at an auction in 09 for about 46K. This was one of the 1 of 6 first series for the Japanese Space Program
    There was a series of 100 delivered for public sale in 2010 at 28K

5. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 31, 2019

28k! For a Seiko?

Is than in yen, or rubies...

Or perhaps pebbles?

I would have thought that any piece of that value from that company would have worn the GS logo.

6. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

When I saw it I thought that is a handsome watch. Seikos are great but dealers are asking 70k now. I can see it having some good value if only 100 were released to the public but I didn’t even know seiko had watches in that price range. Actually don’t they have one of the most expensive watches made. Well whatever if u have the money and like it why not.

7. michael22 Aug 31, 2019

Personally, I don't like it, but I think it's awesome. Thanks for the post.
    Pricing is obviously set by the collector's market at this stage, so it's hard to call it anything other than fair. A sale happens when 2 people are happy.

8. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Aug 31, 2019

Or one is barking mad.

michael22 likes this.
  9. KingCrouchy Sep 12, 2019

Cool story and interesting to learn about a rare Seiko. Is there any Seiko that fetches even higher at auctions? (Without counting Credor)

10. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Sep 12, 2019

Yak1 and KingCrouchy like this.