Forums Latest Members
  1. Dsloan Jan 30, 2023

Just curious if anyone has tried one of the 'seichu' straps that have come with some recent Prospex models?

img1jpg.jpg

I really like natos, and the look super comfy. But they are going for $150+ on eBay and over $200 if you order direct from Seiko.

I'm literally considering buying one of the prospex 62MAS reissue's just to try them out. Does anyone think they are good enough to do something so ridiculous?

2. shoota70 Feb 1, 2023

I agree they look great - but I bet on the wrist the feel like any other Nato.

Dsloan likes this.
  3. Dsloan Feb 1, 2023

I know you're mostly likely right... But the inability to know for sure is maddening.

Scarecrow Boat and Walrus like this.
  4. marcn Enough space to say witty Feb 2, 2023

Interesting...
    https://www.seikowatches.com/us-en/news/20210526

Seichu. A traditional braiding technique from Japan.
    [​IMG]

The Seichu braiding delivers both strength and comfort.
    The fabric straps incorporate a traditional braiding technique from Japan called Seichu. Their rich texture and color complexion are familiar in Japanese culture for their use in fabric designs, as seen in a traditional “obijime,” the decorative cord that holds a Kimono sash in its place.
    The straps present a uniquely Japanese aesthetic and texture and are specially manufactured to have a tensile strength nearly four times that of regular Seiko fabric straps*. Their strength and resistance to degradation caused by exposure to sunlight, meet the demanding standards of Seiko’s diver’s watches and are perfect for use under water. In addition, thanks to its unique braiding pattern, the straps have the flexibility and air permeability that ensure maximum comfort on the wrist.
    *based on research conducted by Seiko.

Dsloan likes this.
  5. Dsloan Feb 2, 2023

marcn likes this.
  6. marcn Enough space to say witty Feb 2, 2023

Yeah I don’t like how these are now sort of stuck in my head! I’ve always sworn by cheap natos — still do — but these look like they could be worth a premium. Can’t seem to find a vendor, except on ebay, though. Hmm..

7. Dsloan Feb 2, 2023

I used to swear by cheap natos... But then I got an Omega OEM one and nothing compares, despite how ridiculous the price is. Maybe this is a similar situation where reason and value be damned.

I found a link to order a replacement seichu's the other day, but you had to enter the serial # of your watch, and I think they were quoting like $200. I'll have dig around and see if I can find it again.

Edit: this place seems to sell them, but they ain't cheap: https://www.mastersintime.com/seiko-prospex-beige-textile-nato-strap-l0n3014j0.htm

Edited Feb 2, 2023
    marcn likes this.
  8. Dsloan Jun 25, 2023

It looks like the Seiko store at Tysons Corner, VA can order me a seichu... Will report back when it arrives...

PXL_20230625_190011170.jpg

Almost grabbed the 62mas reissue for the straps until they said they could just order it separately.