Seiko "Pogue" advice

Posts
229
Likes
1,769
Hi guys,

this Seiko 6139 - 6002 was offered to me. It would be my first Seiko and I'm pretty excited, but I have a concerns whether it has been redialed or retouched. Here are my observations:
1. The subsecond dial hand isn't correct. I can find a replacement, not a big deal.
2. The subsecond dial. I'm not sure whether it has been refinished. I looked at other watched online and some have slightly different font...
3. Looks like the minutes markers have been relumed. The tone of the hands lume is much darker.

Any insight and observations will be appreciated!
Edited:
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Not a true Pouge

Price helps us help you the most.
We can give advice for two pages and then the price would change everything.


This is

Edited:
 
Posts
7,078
Likes
56,748
I know a nice Pogue is on my short list.
 
Posts
10,998
Likes
54,877
Yes, the op’s isn’t a true pogue I know but how about his questions? I agree some things don’t look right and I’m finding this more and more common with “vintage” seikos. There were a few I came across but I compared them closely with pics of known originals and even with my “hobbiest” eye I could spot they weren’t original.
 
Posts
229
Likes
1,769
Yes, I'm aware it isn't a true Pogue, hence the "" in the title. Not a concern for me
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
Movement looks very tired, case is a bit worn/polished, and every 6030 I've seen is a Speedtimer. I think this dial has been re-done, but it's pretty good, just not right.

Calling @omegaswisst

PS: You know what it is (and isn't) so if it's cheap and you like it, go for it.
 
Posts
6,461
Likes
21,977
Not good. Remake dial is one thing. I have never seen one this overly polished.

There are a lot of 6139's still available. I wouldn't touch this and would keep looking.

Patience will be rewarded.
 
Posts
5,333
Likes
75,939
The dial looks aftermarket and the subdial hand is incorrect ,and bezel insert is aftermarket . And it looks far too polished to be of interest, save your money and do more research then take your pick as there are plenty more 6139s in the sea of Seikos . My 6139 6002 from July 76 , ( the bracelet is aftermarket ) .
 
Posts
1,561
Likes
3,672
They can be an absolute minefield to find a correct one. Lots of Franken and bitsa watches out there. Find a seller you can trust, preferably on OF and lots of research.
Absolutely worth the effort though. Incredibly fun to wear. Always puts a smile on my face when I put mine on 😀
 
Posts
370
Likes
556
All sorts of things wrong with this one. Dial, bezel, hands, polished case. Stay away.
 
Posts
229
Likes
1,769
Thanks for all the comments!!! Will wait patiently for another one to come up
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
The dial looks aftermarket and the subdial hand is incorrect ,and bezel insert is aftermarket . And it looks far too polished to be of interest, save your money and do more research then take your pick as there are plenty more 6139s in the sea of Seikos . My 6139 6002 from July 76 , ( the bracelet is aftermarket ) .

dibs if you ever want to part with it. That’s my birthday.
 
Posts
14
Likes
13
Hi guys,

this Seiko 6139 - 6002 was offered to me. It would be my first Seiko and I'm pretty excited, but I have a concerns whether it has been redialed or retouched. Here are my observations:
1. The subsecond dial hand isn't correct. I can find a replacement, not a big deal.
2. The subsecond dial. I'm not sure whether it has been refinished. I looked at other watched online and some have slightly different font...
3. Looks like the minutes markers have been relumed. The tone of the hands lume is much darker.

Any insight and observations will be appreciated!

Clearly aftermarket dial, watch the vinyl grooves at the subcounter!
 
Posts
1,610
Likes
6,044
Everything aftermarket here but hour and minutes hands and, maybe, sweep hand.
 
Posts
489
Likes
1,201
Hi guys. Does anybody have a true Pogue 6005 by chance? 🥰

I hear Strela with calibre 3017 or Sturmanskie 15 jewels in pristine condition is around 1000 USD. 😗
 
Posts
1,414
Likes
759
I hear Strela with calibre 3017 or Sturmanskie 15 jewels in pristine condition is around 1000 USD. 😗

Yes, these kinds of watches unfortunately go up.
 
Posts
237
Likes
1,102
Hi guys. Does anybody have a true Pogue 6005 by chance? 🥰

I have a 6139.6005 Pogue with the good dial but it has many aftermarket pieces, not a bad thing to me I appreciate the "like new" aspect. I appreciated so much this golden dial with the pepsi bezel, one of my favourite in my collection, I got more pleasure to wear this one than others that cost a lot more.

I will post a shot of mine very soon 😉