Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko 6139-6000 Speed Racer

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 7, 2019

Up for grabs a really nice condition Seiko 6139-6000 Speed Racer.

(clicking pictures will open super-high-res versions)

IMG_2481.JPG

It was produced in March 1969...50 years old next month! It is one of the earliest 6139's, with proof dial, and crown cutout in the top case.

IMG_2480.JPG

The deep blue sunburst dial and inner rotating bezel are in excellent condition, with no dark patina.
    The minute hand is starting to patinate, hour hand not yet.
    Some idiot marks on the back...luckily not very deep. I promise that wasn't me or Richard...

IMG_2479.JPG

The external Pepsi Tachymeter bezel is also in good condition, with no major dings.
    There are marks consistant with 50 years worth of wear all over the watch...I call this 'character', and love it.

IMG_2482.JPG IMG_2483.JPG
    (The strap is not included in the sale. Uncle Seiko has some excellent affordable bracelets I can highly recommend)

The case has sharp edges with all factory finishes present, and has survived unpolished, with only a single ding.
    This has never bothered me.

Functionality. The watch was serviced in February last year by Mr Richard Askham - everything works flawlessly. The printed service receipt can be shipped with the watch (or electronic scans forwarded, I normally detest paper).

Untitled.png

The movement is in great shape (photo courtesy of Richard).

EG-Seiko-6139-6000-2.jpg

Due to the current lack of sun up North, I have been forced to resort to using lighting indoors ... I really don't like it and I apologize in advance. However, I did take some diffused outdoor shots last year (#manboobs) ...

IMG_2361.jpg IMG_2363.jpg IMG_2365.jpg IMG_2366.jpg IMG_2367.jpg IMG_2368.jpg

I am a private collector and not a dealer. If you spend time here, you may have 'seen' me around. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit. I am selling to refocus. Nothing new about that. I will most likely have one or two more items for sale soon.

Terms and conditions. 950 CHF | 950 USD | 835 EURO | 735 GBP wired directly to my Transferwise account.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F should also be ok, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. More currencies are available upon request. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation.

My price includes shipping (plus insurance) to wherever you are in the world. EU postage can be arranged.

For my references here as a seller, please search the 'seller profiles & reviews' subforum. I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

All criticisms about the watch are welcome.

Thanks OF for this space :thumbsup:

Edited Feb 8, 2019
    timestamp, Socks, Lonestar and 8 others like this.