Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko 6117-6019 World Time (1968) with Bracelet

1. nlogax May 17, 2020

Hi all, a final sale if you'll permit me - this brings my collection down to the lifers and the G-Shocks before I start to rebuild :)

Up for sale is my Seiko 6117-6019 World Time (1968-ish) with bracelet. I bought this about 2 years ago from a chap on this very forum, hence offering it here first so as to keep it in the family. I know very little about this, but it's a cool design and in great condition for it's age & price.

Please see the following description and photos:

Dial
    + Original linen dial in great condition: printing perfect; all markers present, sharp and shiny; lume plots full; date wheel clean; this thing really plays with the light in a classic sharp Seiko-style
    + Inner bezel is patinated but presentable, rotates smoothly

Movement
    + 6117 cal is running well, auto winds at the slightest movement, winds and sets smoothly, date clicks over cleanly
    + Keeps good time (bombproof movement), but service history unknown

Hands
    + All original, present and correct: shiny and sharp with full lume plots

Case
    + 38mm stainless steel in excellent condition, appears to be unpolished
    + Caseback is engraved with Canadian Club inscription, and dedication to the original owner: seemingly a special order piece for the company

Crystal
    + Excellent condition, clear

Bracelet
    + Brick style 18mm stainless steel with clasp, sized for 7.5 - 8 inch wrist, no additional links
    + One of the barrel pins at the clasp end is damaged as shown: it looks like a very simple fix if you have a right-sized pin
    + I wore this on NATO, and can supply with one if you like

Accessories
    + None

Price, Location, Shipping

+ The watch is with me in NYC, USA, I’m happy to ship only to CONUS via Fedex 2-day fully insured via Secursus
    + Payment via direct wire bank transfer please
    + Asking 435 USD all inclusive

References
    + I can supply references from several OF members as a buyer, seller, and also as a regular customer of watch services. Do please ask.

IMG_5528.jpeg IMG_5529.jpeg IMG_5532.jpeg IMG_5864.jpeg IMG_5865.jpeg IMG_5866.jpeg IMG_5867.jpeg IMG_5869.jpeg IMG_5870.jpeg IMG_5871.jpeg IMG_5873.jpeg IMG_5875.jpeg

Additional important notes regarding Covid19
    + At time of writing 2020-05-17, my household (wife and I) do not have, and have not had, any symptoms or any cause for concern: I run a very tight ship, am well prepped, and have taken precautions seriously since Jan 2020 (buying and wearing masks & gloves, working from home, and frequently using hand & air sanitisers)
    + I handled the watch today to give it a final check over, and will now store in a sealed ziplock bag.

Edited May 21, 2020
  2. nlogax May 21, 2020

A good amount of interest but no bites, drop to 435 USD

3. nlogax Jun 2, 2020

Boomp!

4. nlogax Jun 14, 2020

A final bump before this goes back in the box: still at $435 inc shipping to CONUS

Cheers, Jon

5. nlogax Jul 11, 2020

Forgot to mark this sold... Thanks to the buyer and this forum!