Forums Latest Members

SOLD Seiko 6117-8000 Navigator with 6117/800 Bracelet

1. bigsom Apr 8, 2018

I'm still in refocus mode and next one up is this lovely 6117-8000 Seiko Navigator.

This is a July 1969 6117-8000 which is the first edition of Seiko's first dual time zone watches. Here's a fantastic article by Michael Stockton on this reference: https://www.fratellowatches.com/tbt-seiko-navigator-timer/.

Dial: Absolutely gorgeous sunburst gray dial in excellent condition. Please note all the specs and marks you see on photos are dust/scratches on the crystal. Dial is unmarked and beautiful. Lume pluts are a subtle cream indoors and correctly are slightly green in direct sunlight. Never been refinished or relumed and the dial text is sharp and all intact.

Hands: The hour, seconds, and second timezone hands are all original to the watch. The minute hand appears to be a NOS replacement and glows with UV and quickly fades in exact unison with the rest of the hands and dial. It's almost perfectly matched to my eye.

Case: Sharp as in super sharp C-style case. Circular brushings are intact on the top of the mid case, the edges are extremely sharp. Did I mention the case was sharp? No dings or large scratches and the case measures 38x44 mm and wears great.

Caseback: Confirms July 1969 production. All engravings intact and correct.

Bezel: Original bezel in mint condition. This is so hard to find on this reference. Usually these are either aftermarket replacements with luminova pearls or they are trashed. This has a tritium pearl which glows under UV and fades in accordance with the rest of the dials and hands. All numbers are sharp and intact, probably the biggest thing that attracted me to this one.

Crystal: Probably the original crystal, but I can't be sure. Has a scratches and scuffs commensurate with age. Looks great in my opinion and I wouldn't switch it out if I was the new owner.

Movement:
    6117 caliber serviced about 2 years ago in my possession by a local MD watchmaker. Still runing well and keeping time within 30s/day. Features a 24 hour complication which can be used in conjunction with the rotating bezel to tell time in a second zone.

Bracelet: These are also not commonly offered with the original bracelet. Has enough length to fit a 6.25 inch wrist with correct 6117/800 endlinks. Seiko clasp works correctly. It has never been worn on this bracelet in my possession and has always been on a strap (which I'd recommend).

Price: Offered at 700 USD shipped in the USA with USPS Priority fully insured. These have been steadily climbing in price over the past year or two and you can see recent auction examples selling for more without the original bracelet. If there are any other photos you'd like, please do not hesitate to ask. I'm happy to accept Paypal +3% for members with excellent references, Paypal FF, Venmo, or Bank Wire. I'll only accept returns if the watch you receive is grossly different than the watch I've described.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 21, 2018

Wow great piece and find one in this good condition with bracelet. If your worried about bracelet size... let’s be honest your not going to wear it on bracelet anyway. These bracelets are more box and papers status. Great to have and a plus when you sell but these are way more attractive on leather.

The 2 currently on eBay are over 2500$ and not as good. Granted those are very ambitiously priced. This is a fair price for the great condition it’s in. I’d not down check the possible new hand.

:edit: full disclosure I own one of these and spent 3+ months hunting one.

Edited Apr 21, 2018
    bigsom likes this.