Forums Latest Members

Seiko 4r35-01y0 mini turtle

1. Walrus Aug 6, 2022

I picked this up I think a year ago new for 200 or so. It was probably used and put back in the box carefully with all tags etc but nary a scratch to be found so I didn’t mind at all. Probably 80% of my watches are used so it’s not a concern to me. I’m pretty sure the seller said “like new” so to me that is being honest.
    Anyway traditionally I use my Vostok when do my manual work but it just lost its water resistance when I was doing plumbing a while back.
    So I have worn this mini turtle but not around water other than rain. I just mistakenly hit the side with 1,600 psi of water from a power washer, splashed a few cleaning chemicals on it, had it submerged in a bucket and gave it a good dose of abuse. After which I just ran it under tap water to clean it.
    I’m not a diver so I can no attest to depth or things divers would be concerned about but seems like it’s a tough little bugger for the price range.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

Scooterino36 and KLXN like this.
  2. FodT Aug 12, 2022

The PADI edition is my daily driver. Lovely watch, looks great on the erika's strap, although I still have the bracelet and rubber straps it came with. Made the mistake of ditching the box and papers when I moved, looking at resale values, but i honestly think it's a for-life watch for me.

IMG_5743.jpeg
    Walrus likes this.
  3. Walrus Aug 12, 2022

Looks good on that set up I had mine on rubber (seller through them in) I liked that as well I just put the stock bracelet on as I had a new strap changing tool I wanted to try for a seiko stock bracelet it really isn’t that bad. I guess that may not be a great advertisement the way I stated that.

also what is the difference with the padi? Is that a “limited” is the movement etc the same as mine or does yours have a different one? I did go online but I was finding so many reviews and comparisons it got confusing. Does the PADI have the 4r35

Edited Aug 12, 2022