Forums Latest Members

Seeking Sydney watchmaker David Jones?

1. machamp6650 Feb 13, 2023

Hi OF,

This is one for our Australian members, I was hoping anyone might have news about a watchmaker based in Sydney, David Jones. He previously worked in the Sydney OB repairs division, and more recently at Vintage Watch Co, but has since left.

I've known him for a few years, he did a few projects for me and we also kept up a bit of friendly watch chat on the side. Unfortunately he's gone off radar and I haven't been able to contact him for the past several months.

I'm reaching out to the community mainly because I hope he's OK, I know he had some health concerns and would welcome news on that front. If all is going well and it's more of a contact issue, I'd also welcome the opportunity to get in touch to keep working with him and / or look into having my current project returned.

Thanks in advance for any comments or direct messages.

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 14, 2023

Is it a situation where he had a watch of yours prior to losing contact and you’re trying to get it back or just that you want to use him for new work?

3. machamp6650 Feb 14, 2023

Hi Ash, yes he does have some watch parts of mine (for a project we were talking about) that I'd like returned, if possible.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 14, 2023

Ok do you have any idea of his name? It might be hard without even a first name but I can ask around

5. machamp6650 Feb 14, 2023

His name is David Jones.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 14, 2023

Oh jesus sorry I had totally misread that and thought he was based at an independent shop at or near the Sydney David Jones department store, that should make it easier, I’ll see what I can do.

7. machamp6650 Feb 14, 2023

Haha I totally understand, I was thinking of adding a statement about how I'm referring to an individual instead of a department store.