Forums Latest Members
  1. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 2, 2016

Hello All,
    I'm interested in this PatriaPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network on eBay and seeking opinions from OF members. Patria is arguably linked to Omega so this is why I'm posting on this vintage Omega forum. The watch is claimed to be original (even the lume) and serviced. Looking at other eBay sales it is difficult to find comparables. Most other Patrias are really inexpensive (under $150) but also not in great shape (hairline cracks in the porcelain dial, missing lume, redial, etc.).
    So, what do you guys think?

2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 2, 2016

Interesting. The Patria connection appears to be legitimate (probably akin the the relationship between Oyster or Tudor and Rolex in the '30s-40s). Although nice, I doubt that the watch is really worth more than the current high bid of $743 (and possibly less).

3. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass Mar 2, 2016

Why buy a Patria when you can find an Omega trench for much less than $743?

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 2, 2016

Holben's is a well-known seller on eBay. His stuff usually is what it seems to be and he does a very good job with descriptions, photography and research. The Patria ad with the Omega name is a nice touch. As a result, his watches tend to sell for multiples of what other sellers get for virtually the same product.

On this particular watch, I would bet that the dial was at the very least relumed, if not totally refinished to remove hairlines. However, on porcelain dialed watches, that's considered acceptable to most collectors so long as the original printing is maintained.

There are valid safety reasons for using more modern luminous materials. The quantity of radium used on these early dials is excessive by today's standards.
    gatorcpa

watchyouwant and Deafboy like this.
  5. TexOmega Mar 2, 2016

Mine with Duo crown guard.

I've seen few compared to Omega Trench watches.

DSC05628.JPG

page 50  A Journey Through Time Omega book (Copy).JPG

Patria movement via Record Watch Co.JPG

DSC05654 (Copy).JPG

Mine's in the Que to get a good COA soon.

Deafboy likes this.
  6. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 2, 2016

RawArcher and TexOmega like this.
  7. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Mar 2, 2016

His Girard-Perregaux GyromaticPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network is also really nice.

8. watchyouwant ΩF Clairvoyant Mar 2, 2016

need a link to the patria...... kind regards. achim

9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Mar 2, 2016

http://m.ebay.com/itm/141912880742Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

gatorcpa

10. dx009 Mar 3, 2016

Man... Such nice watches. And to think they're 100 years old designs, and still cool today, given that many copy their design.